The US-China trade war continues to have its toll on the global IT industry. Coupled with the global economic slowdown, the global desktop PC market and notebook PC market are expected to decline in 2019 and directly affect Taiwanese company's shipments in 2020. This report provides the global IT industry trends and market volume forecasts for the period of 2019-2023; examines highlighted topics in the industry with regard to the US-China trade war, niche applications, and the rise of edge computing.
List of Topics
- Development of the global IT market, mainly comprising of desktop PC, notebook PC, and server, and includes volume forecasts of these products for the period 2019-2023; desktop PC and notebook PC market share by the brand is also included.
- A look into the Taiwanese IT industry's annual shipment performance for the period 2019-2020 and quarterly shipment performance in 2019
- Three major highlighted topics in the industry: the US-China trade war section provides the new lists of Chinese products being hit with US tariffs and the relocation plans of major IT manufacturers’ supply chains.
- The niche application section provides the global gaming notebook and desktop PC market volume for the period 2017-2019 and touches on brands’ game streaming platform deployment.
- The edge computing section provides communication and PC brands’ deployment strategies and explores opportunities in potential application markets such as smart manufacturing and smart medicine.
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis