PSA Also Strengthened its Digital Capabilities by Acquiring Online Platforms, Namely, Mister Auto and Autobutler
In 2013-14, PSA ended its joint venture with General Motors.
Thereafter, the aim was to improve operating margins and revenue by 2015-16, and PSA was 'Back in the Race'. It achieved margins above and beyond the targets it had set for itself and chalked out a strategy for the next 6 years called 'Push to Pass'.
Push to Pass’ goal was to ride the wave of Mega Trends beginning to disrupt the automotive industry and the aftermarket value chain. These included alternative energy, connected cars, channel digitization, consumer behavior, ADAS/autonomous vehicles, industry convergence, and shared mobility.
PSA also ensured that the companies it acquired fell in line with its goal of adapting to these Mega Trends, keeping its Push to Pass vision in sight.
Eurorepar-a retail service and maintenance garage network, was merged with Motaquip in 2015, while Distrigo-a distribution network, was created in 2016. In addition to the offline push, PSA also strengthened its digital capabilities by acquiring online platforms, namely, Mister Auto and Autobutler (the former is an eCommerce platform and the latter is a service aggregation platform).
This growth insight dives into the implications of Push to Pass on the automotive aftermarket.
The base year for the study is 2018 and the forecast period runs from 2019 to 2023. The scope of the research is global, with discussions on Europe, Latin America, China, India, Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and North America.
The insight maps PSA’s activity in terms of automotive aftermarket positioning and offerings and growth strategy.
Key revenue segments, financial performance, and the impact of Push to Pass on aftersales are also analyzed. In addition, regional trends, sales, and aftermarket opportunities in new and established markets are discussed.
Mega Trends and growth segments within the aftermarket value chain are analyzed, alongside the company's activities to establish and ensure Push to Pass. The insight also showcases a customer’s (B2C) and an organization's (B2B) journey in the aftermarket. Timelines of acquisition and the creation of various brands and companies under the PSA umbrella are also listed.
The insight concludes with growth opportunities and actionable insights and critical factors for success.
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- PSA’s Business Overview-A Snapshot
- Customer Journey in the Aftermarket-PSA’s Target Areas
- Pillars of PSA’s Push to Pass Strategy
- Case Study-Impact of Push to Pass on PSA’s Aftermarket Business
- Summary-Push to Pass’ Impact on the Growth of Aftersales and ePlatform
- Impact of Push to Pass on PSA’s Aftersales Business
- Key Mega Trends and Aftermarket Opportunities
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology and Background
- PSA-Business Overview
- PSA-2018 Revenue by Segment
- PSA-Company Financials
- PSA-2018 Sales by Region
- PSA-Overview of Activity in Key Global Markets
- Key Geographies-Aftermarket Opportunities in Established Markets
- Key Geographies-Aftermarket Opportunities in New Markets
- Key Mega Trends
- Mega Trend-driven Target Functions for PSA
- Push to Pass-Objectives and Aftermarket Implications across Phases
- Strategic Focus Areas-Why the Push to Pass Strategy?
- Timeline of PSA’s Activity in the Automotive Ecosystem
- PSA’s Aftermarket Diversification Strategy-Verticals
- Multi-brand Aftermarket Strategy-Market Opportunity
- Multi-brand Aftermarket Strategy by Key OEMs and Suppliers
- Eurorepar and Forwelt
- Mister Auto
- Growth Potential of PSA’s Value Chain Entities
- 5-year Growth Strategy-Automotive Retail, Finance, and Shared Mobility
- 5-year Growth Strategy-Distribution and Aftersales
- 5-year Growth Strategy-ePlatform
- Growth Opportunities-Disruptive Applications and Future Success
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Eurorepar and Forwelt
- Mister Auto