This trends report provides comprehensive analysis on all licensing deals and negotiations reported for the LargeCap healthcare companies of Japan during January 1, 2019, to August 31, 2019, categorized and summarized by various important aspects such as healthcare sub-sectors, medicine groups, across key regions, licensing payment arrangements, and worldwide vs domestic licensing. Such detailed analysis helps to understand the licensing trends and directions during this time period in the healthcare segment of Japan's LargeCap sector.
Analytical data coverage:
- January 1, 2019, to August 31, 2019, licensing deals and negotiations
- 160+ healthcare licensing news for Japanese Largecap healthcare companies (35)
- 4 healthcare sub-sectors covered - Pharmaceuticals (66%), Biotech (3%), Medical Devices (23%), Healthcare Services (8%)
- Listed Largecap companies included (click here to view a list of companies covered)
- 14 medicine groups studied - Oncology (24%), Neurology (12%), Gastroenterology (10%)
- 8+ variables analyzed
- 8 months’ healthcare licensing transactions of Japan (LargeCap) sector analyzed at one place
- Curated categorizations of licensing details
- Licensing trends and directions summarized
The Report is useful to:
- Japanese LargeCap companies planning to introduce products in other countries
- Companies active in R&D and seeking new market base
- Healthcare company executives negotiating licensing deals in Japan's (LargeCap) sector
- Investors analyzing varied kinds of transaction options for licensing deals in Japan's (LargeCap) sector
Key analysis provided: January-August 2019
- Total number of licensing deals signed by the Japanese LargeCap companies
- Total number of Japanese LargeCap companies involved in the licensing deals
- Most licensing deals signed by companies of which sub-industry within the healthcare sector
- Most licensing deals signed by medicine groups
- Licensing payment arrangements most followed in the licensing deals
- Number of domestic and worldwide licensing
Chapter 1: Analysis of healthcare inventions of Japan (LargeCap) licensed during last eight months
1.1 Healthcare sub-sectors with most licensing deals
1.2 Medicine groups most active in licensing deals
1.3 Licensing payment arrangements most followed
1.4 Worldwide licensing vs domestic licensing
Chapter 2: Analysis of licensing deals of Japan (LargeCap) by key attributes during last eight months
2.1 For each of the healthcare sub-sectors
2.2 For each of the medicine groups
2.3 Across each of the regions
Chapter 3: Summary and conclusions
Appendix 1 Healthcare inventions licensed for Japan (LargeCap) during last eight months - By company name
Appendix 2 List of companies/institutes covered - By country and company name
Appendix 3 List of companies/institutes covered - By sub-industry and company name
Appendix 4 List of companies/institutes covered - By medicine group and company name
Appendix 5 List of companies/institutes covered - By terms of payment and company name
Appendix 6 Licensing deals discontinued for Japan (LargeCap) during last eight months
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd.
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- Fujifilm Corporation
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co Inc
- JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Kaneka Corporation
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co. Ltd.
- M3, Inc.
- Medipal Holdings Corp.
- Miraca Holdings Inc.
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
- Mochida Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Shinyaku, Co., Ltd.
- Nipro Corporation
- Olympus Corporation
- Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
- PeptiDream Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
- Sosei Group Corporation
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co Ltd.
- Suzuken Co Ltd
- Takara Bio Inc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Teijin Limited
- Terumo Corporation
- Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd