This trends report provides comprehensive analysis on all licensing deals and negotiations that took place between the healthcare companies of Japan and Emerging Markets during January 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019, categorized and summarized by various important aspects such as key countries, healthcare sub-sectors, market capitalization groups, medicine groups, licensing payment arrangements, and worldwide vs domestic licensing. Such detailed analysis helps to understand the licensing trends and directions during this time period in the healthcare segments of Japan and Emerging Markets.
Analytical data coverage:
- January 1, 2018, to August 31, 2019, licensing deals and negotiations
- 60+ healthcare licensing news between Japanese (42) and Emerging Markets (53) companies
- Small-mid-large cap companies covered - LargeCap (25%)
- Listed and non-listed companies included
- 4 healthcare sub-sectors covered - Pharmaceuticals (49%), Biotech (14%), Medical Devices (16%), Healthcare Services (17%)
- 14 medicine groups studied - Oncology (28%), Infectious Disease (12%), Endocrinology (10%)
- 8+ variables analyzed
- 20 months’ healthcare licensing transactions between Japan and Emerging Markets analyzed at one place
- Small, medium and big multinational/non-multinational companies covered
- Curated categorizations of licensing details
- Licensing trends and directions summarized
The Report is useful to:
- Japanese and Emerging Markets healthcare companies planning to introduce products in each other’s markets
- Companies active in R&D and seeking new market base
- Healthcare company executives negotiating licensing deals between Japanese and Emerging Markets companies
- Investors analyzing varied kinds of transaction options for licensing deals between Japan and Emerging Markets
Key analysis provided: January 2018-August 2019
- Total number of licensing deals signed between the companies of Japan and Emerging Markets
- Total number of companies/institutes of Japan and Emerging Markets involved in the licensing deals
- Most licensing deals signed by which Emerging Markets country’s companies with Japan
- Most licensing deals signed by companies of which sub-industry within the healthcare sector
- Most licensing deals signed by which market capitalization group’s companies
- Licensing payment arrangements most followed in the licensing deals
- Licensing payment allowed in the licensing deals
- Number of domestic and worldwide licensing
Chapter 1: Analysis of healthcare inventions between Japan and Emerging Markets licensed during last twenty months
1.1 Companies with most licensing deals for Japan and Emerging Markets
1.2 Healthcare sub-sectors with most licensing deals
1.3 Market capitalization groups with most licensing deals
1.4 Medicine groups most active in licensing deals
1.5 Licensing payment arrangements most followed
1.6 Worldwide licensing vs domestic licensing
Chapter 2: Analysis of licensing deals between Japan and Emerging Market by key attributes during last twenty months
2.1 For each of the countries
2.2 For each of the healthcare sub-sectors
2.3 For each of the marketcap groups
2.4 For each of the medicine groups
Chapter 3: Summary and conclusions
Appendix 1 Healthcare inventions licensed between Japan and Emerging Markets during last twenty months - By company name
Appendix 2 List of companies/institutes covered - By country and company name
Appendix 3 List of companies/institutes covered - By sub-industry and company name
Appendix 4 List of companies/institutes covered - By market capitalization group and company name
Appendix 5 List of non-listed companies covered - By country and company name
Appendix 6 List of not-for-profit groups covered - By country and institute name
Appendix 7 List of companies/institutes covered - By medicine group and company name
Appendix 8 List of companies/institutes covered - By terms of payment and company name
Appendix 9 Licensing deals discontinued between Japan and Emerging Markets during last twenty months
- Adlai Nortye Biopharma Co., Ltd.
- API Corporation
- ARKRAY Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Arkray Inc
- Astareal, Inc.
- Astellas Pharma China, Inc
- BiomX Ltd
- Celltrion Healthcare Co., Ltd
- China-Japan Friendship Clinic
- Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Cipla Limited
- Clinigen K.K
- Curadev Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- CY Biotech Company Ltd
- Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd.
- Dong-A ST Co., Ltd.
- EA Pharma Co., Ltd
- Eddingpharm Group Co., Ltd
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- EOC Pharma Group
- Eurofarma Laboratorios S.A.
- Fidson Healthcare Plc
- Fuji Medical Science Co.,Ltd.
- Fuji Pharma Co Ltd
- Fujifilm Corporation
- Fujirebio Inc.
- GC Pharma
- Green Cross Medical Science Corp
- Health2Sync Inc
- Himed Hospital Management (Xuzhou) Co., Ltd
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- HitGen Ltd.
- Innovation Center of NanoMedicine
- iPS Academia Japan, Inc.
- Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
- JSR Corporation
- JW Medical Corporation
- Kagoshima University
- Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Kolon Life Science Inc
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
- KYORIN Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- LegoChem Biosciences, Inc.
- Lupin Limited
- Main Life Corp., Ltd
- Medeon Biodesign Inc
- Medgaea Life Sciences Ltd.
- Medrx Co Ltd
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
- NanoCarrier Co., Ltd.
- National Cancer Center Japan (The)
- National Engineering Research Center for the Emergency Drug
- National Nanotechnology Centre
- NEXEL Co., Ltd.
- Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd.
- Nipro Corporation
- Novellusdx Ltd.
- Novo Nordisk Pharma Ltd
- Ohara Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd
- Orient Europharma Co Ltd
- Pharmbio Korea Inc
- Primetech Corporation
- RaQualia Pharma Inc.
- R-Pharm JSC
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Servier Tianjin Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- Sheba Medical Center
- Shenzhen Main Luck Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories, Ltd
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
- Sosei Group Corporation
- Sysmex Corporation
- Takara Bio Inc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Tasly Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.
- Teijin Pharma Limited
- Terumo Corporation
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Thai Optical PCL
- TIPR-HUYA Advancing Innovative Medicines
- Toa Eiyo Ltd
- Tokai Optical Co Ltd
- Transcend Nutressentials International Ltd
- Unipharm Inc.
- University of Tokyo
- VBL Therapeutics Ltd
- Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Ltd.
- Yungjin Pharma co ltd
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- ZTE Coming Biotech Co.