The “Wearable Tech in Mining” analyses how wearable technology is affecting the global metals & mining industry now, in addition to key trends shaping across the industry.
Wearable technology, which includes smart hats, watches, glasses and clothing, is being increasingly used in the mining, particularly as a means of improving safety on the mine site. The latest mine-site survey shows over half of mines have invested to some extent in wearables, with the greatest penetration in Australia. Companies adopting the technology include Rio Tinto, BHP, Anglo American and Newcrest, amongst others.
The mining industry remain in an incredibly dangerous line of work, even in the modern world. The mining depths required for mineral or precious metal exploration come with a whole host of risks for miners, from poisonous gases and heat to geological instabilities which can cause cave-ins. While on the surface there is the risk of collisions. Wearable technology has the potential to greatly decrease risk to miners, and increase productivity through a variety of different methods, including enabling on-site personnel to carry out repairs or advanced work with offsite guidance.
- This report provides how the wearable technology works.
- It analyzes its impact on mining industry.
- It provides specific explanations of how wearable could change the way mining companies operate.
- It offers an analysis of how regulators are likely to respond to the rise of wearables.
Reasons to buy
- Build an understanding of wearable technology and its applications in metals & mining industry.
- Find out how mining companies are utilizing wearables to obtain notable results.
- It identifies key trends in this technology theme.
- The report analyses the drone value chain by use case.
- The report also offers a technology briefing, highlighting how drone technology has developed and how it works.
Table of Contents
- Impact of wearable tech on mining industry
- Case studies
- Technology briefing
- Applications of wearable tech in mining
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Industry analysis
- Penetration of wearable technology in mining
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Competitive analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Use cases in other industries
- Value chain
- App layer
- Data layer
- Connectivity layer
- Device layer
- Smart glasses
- Fitness trackers
- Smart clothes
- Mining companies
- Technology companies
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology