Vietnam Facility Management market is at a growing stage. The industry revenue has increased at a positive CAGR of over 5% during the period 2013-2018. This growth was supported by higher FDI inflows in the economy, public sector outsourcing, cost control measures, greater demand from end user sectors (such as commercial, industrial and others), rapid urbanization and technological advances, along with rising demand for commercial and residential spaces in the country, wherein market players catered to the needs of the clients for both hard and soft services. The customers in the market are highly price sensitive and a lack of awareness about the importance of facility management services has resulted in low penetration of these services.
Integrated Facility management market is relatively at a growing stage in the country and its popularity has grown in outsourcing of services and an aim to achieve cost and operational efficiency, for both clients and vendors. Facility management services are used by both local companies and MNCs in the country. However, the local companies usually prefer single or bundled services due to their small scale of operations whereas the MNCs prefer integrated facility management (IFM) services in Vietnam.
Vietnam Facility Management Market Segmentation
- By Soft Services and Hard Services: Soft services dominated the market in Vietnam in terms of generating revenue in 2018. The development in sectors such as real estate, greater demand for retail & commercial spaces, increase in foreign direct investment and an increase in commercial activities has amplified the demand for soft services in the country owing to rise in need for cleaning and security services. On the other hand, hard services accounted the remaining revenue share in facility management market.
- By Type of Services: Bundled services contributed a major share in terms of generating revenues for the industry in 2018. Bundled services are largely demanded by retail and commercial private sectors. This was followed by Single and integrated services.
- By End User Sectors: Commercial sector contributed the highest revenue share in the overall facility management industry in Vietnam in 2018. This was followed by the industrial, hospitality, residential, infrastructure and other sectors respectively. Infrastructure sector was largely driven by government expenditure on maintaining and developing roadways, rails and airports.
- By Personnel Type: The facility management market in Vietnam in 2018 was dominated by services which were provided through in-house labor to the other companies in the market. It accounted more than half share in total revenue in the FM market, the remaining share accounted by outsourced personnel.
- By Soft Services (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and others): Housekeeping services was the largest contributor to the soft services industry in 2018 followed by Security Services, landscaping and other soft services including property services, mail delivery services and other services. Growth in residential, commercial and retail spaces has led to increase in demand for cleaning services in the country.
- By Hard Services (Electromechanical services, Operations and Maintenance Services, Fire Safety and Security Systems): Electromechanical services (including HVAC) have dominated the hard services market in Vietnam followed by operational and maintenance services and fire safety and security systems during 2018 in terms of revenue. Electromechanical services has the highest share resulting from implementation of better technology and a growing demand for FM services from industrial sector where complex machinery and critical installations need to be services.
The Vietnamese Facility Management services market is moderately concentrated in nature. JLL is the market leader and has the highest market share in the Facility Management market in Vietnam on the basis of revenue in 2018. This was followed by CBRE, RCR Resolve FM Vietnam, Sodexo, Aden, Atalian and others. These market players compete on the basis of price of services, quality and knowledge of services, track record and past history within the industry and sectors serviced, skilled workforce, and established client relationships.
Vietnam Facility Management Future Outlook
In future, it is anticipated that Vietnam facility management industry revenue will increase at a positive CAGR during the period 2018 – 2023E. In Vietnam, it is expected that the demand for both soft and hard services will be augmented largely due to growth in the Government outsourcing through Public Private Partnerships (PPP) and Build operate transfer (BOT). Increasing demand from multinational clients is likely to drive future demand for Integrated Facility Management (IFM) services in Vietnam with industrial expansion, commercial office buildings and infrastructure sector being the future penetration sectors for IFM services. The growth in residential, retail, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors’ spending will further increase the demand of FM services.
Key Target Audience
- Facility Management Companies
- Real Estate Construction Companies
- Foreign investors
- Historical Period: 2013-2018
- Forecast Period: 2018-2023E
- RCR Resolve FM Vietnam
- Aeon Delight
- P. Dussmann Co. Ltd.
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Market Definitions
2.3. Consolidated Research Approach
2.4. Variables (Dependent and Independent)
2.5. Correlation Matrix
2.6. Regression Matrix
2.7. Limitations and Conclusion
3. Vietnam Facility Management - Market Overview and Size
3.1. Market Overview and Genesis
3.2. Business Acquisition Process
3.3. Market Size – Revenue, 2013 - 2018
4. Vietnam Facility Management Market Segmentation, 2018
4.1. By Types of Services (Soft and Hard Services), 2018
4.1.1. By Soft Services (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and others), 2018
4.1.2. By Hard Services (Electromechanical Services, Operation and Maintenance Services, Fire Safety and Security Systems), 2018
4.2. By Integrated, Bundled and Single Services, 2018
4.3. By End User Sectors (Commercial, Industrial, Hospitality, Residential, Infrastructure and others), 2018
4.3.1. By Commercial Sector, 2013 - 2018
4.3.2. By Residential Sector, 2013 -2018
4.3.3. By Industrial Sector, 2013 - 2018
4.3.4. By Infrastructure Sector, 2013 - 2018
4.4 By Personnel Type (In-House Personnel and Outsourced Personnel), 2018
5. Vendor Selection Process in Vietnam Facility Management Market
5.1 Vendor Selection Parameters
5.2 Vendor Selection Procurement Methodology
6. Trends and Developments in Vietnam Facility Management Market
7. Issues and challenges in Vietnam Facility Management Market
8. Regulatory Framework in Vietnam Facility Management Market
9. SWOT Analysis of Vietnam Facility Management Market
10. Market Share of Major Players (Competition Stage, Major Players and Competing Factors), 2018
10.1 Service Matrix Company Wise
11. Profiles of Major Facility Management Companies (Company Overview, Service Portfolio, Regional Presence, Revenue from facility management, Recent developments, Major clientele, Strengths, Weaknesses, Number of employees, Major sectors served and Business Strategy)
11.1. JLL Vietnam
11.3. RCR Resolve FM Vietnam
11.8. AEON Delight
11.9. Property and Management Company (PMC)
11.10. P. Dussmann Vietnam Co. Ltd.
12. Types of Contracts in Vietnam Facility Management Market
13. Vietnam Facility Management Market Future Outlook and Projections, 2018-2023E
14. Vietnam Facility Management Market Future Segmentation (2018-2023E)
14.1 By Types of Services (Soft and Hard Services), 2018-2023E
14.1.1 By Types of Soft Services (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and others), 2018-2023E
14.1.2. By Types of Hard Services (Electromechanical Services, Operation and Maintenance Services, Fire Safety and Security Systems), 2018-2023E
14.2 By Integrated, Bundled and Single Services, 2018 – 2023E
14.3 By End User Sectors (Commercial, Industrial, Hospitality, Residential, Infrastructure and others), 2018
14.3.1. By Commercial Sectors, 2018 – 2023E
14.3.2. By Residential Sectors, 2018 – 2023E
14.3.3. By Industrial Sectors, 2018 – 2023E
14.3.4. By Infrastructure Sectors, 2018 - 2023E
14.4. By Personnel Type (In-House Personnel and Outsourced Personnel), 2018 – 2023E
15. Analyst Recommendations – Success Factors