The report covers various aspects including overview and market size, market segmentation, trends and development, issues and challenges, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, market share of major players in facility management market and Trends and Developments. The report concludes with market projection and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
Market Overview and Size
Facility Management Market in Egypt is fragmented with both domestic and global players offering services to the clients. The market is at early growth stage. The customers in the market are price sensitive and lack awareness about the importance of facility management services which has resulted in low penetration in the market. However, fast track construction of residential, commercial and industrial units along with increasing inflow of Foreign Direct Investment has led to rise in demand for integrated facility services. High rate of unemployment resulting in increasing immigration is gaining government attention.
Egypt Facility Management Market Segmentation
- By Soft and Hard Services: Soft services that include manned security, housekeeping, landscaping, waste management, pest control and others dominated the facility management market in Egypt in terms of revenue in the year 2018. The evolving economy demanding for huge infrastructure development along with growing government concern for terrorism and other mal-practices owe to huge demand for Facility Management services. On the other hand, hard services have comparatively less market share in terms of revenue.
- By Type of Soft Service (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and Others):
- Housekeeping including cleaning contributed a major share in terms of generating revenues for the industry in 2018 as it is the most basic service demanded by any sector. The demand for housekeeping has also been increasing in Government Offices.
- By Type of Hard Services (Electromechanical and Operational Maintenance, Fire Safety and Security Systems and Civil Maintenance): Electromechanical and Operational Maintenance accounted for maximum market share in terms of revenue in 2018 due to high demand of on-site electrical and mechanical solutions both in commercial and industrial sector. This is followed by the demand for Fire and Security System due to growing construction around the country that has driven the demand for Fire Safety and Security Systems, as these are required by law to be installed in every building. Civil Maintenance had the least market share as cost of hiring local service providers is much cheaper than hiring a facility management company.
- By Integrated Facility Services, Bundled Services and Single Services: Single Services contributed the most to the overall revenue of the Facility Management Market in 2018. Price and quality of the service offered along with selection of the company specializing in the service in demand are the key reasons for people opting for single services. Integrated Facility Services occupy the least market share due to client’s inability to opt for such services.
- By End User Sector (Industrial, Commercial, Residential and Others): Industrial Sector including factories, plants and other such production spaces and units contributed the most to overall revenue of Facility Management Market in 2018. This is followed by the demand from Commercial, Residential and others.
Facility Management Market in Egypt is fragmented. Contrack FM is the market leader with the highest market share on the basis of revenue in 2018. This was followed by Enova, EFS Facilities Management, IFMC-Apleona Group, Egypro and Others. These players compete in the facility management market in Egypt on the basis of quality of service, brand image, price of service rendered and specific expertise.
Egypt Facility Management Market Future Outlook
In future, it is anticipated that Egypt Facility Management market in terms of revenue will increase at a positive CAGR during the period 2028-2023E. Upcoming airport construction projects and smart city plans along with increasing MNCs in the country will boost the demand for facility management services in Egypt. The government is focusing on improving tourism to generate additional revenue for the country. This will lead to the growth of hospitality sector, ultimately rising the demand for facility management services. It is also expected that the market will witness the emergence of both local and global companies due to growing trend of adopting facility management services in the country.
Key Target Audience
- Facility Management Companies
- Facility Management Solution Providers
- Consultancy and Advisory Firms
- Real Estate Developers
- Construction Companies
- Hospitals and Schools
- Historical Period: 2013-2018
- Forecast Period: 2019-2023E
- Contrack FM
- EFS Facilities Management
- IFMC - Apleona Group
- Qeema FM
- Encorp Facility Management
- Emdad Facility Management
- Egypt Service
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Abbreviations Used
2.3 Market Size and Modelling
3. Egypt Facility Management Market, 2013-2018
3.1 Overview and Genesis, 2018
3.2 Vendor Selection Process
4. Egypt Facility Management Market Size by Revenue, 2013-2018
5. Egypt Facility Management Market Segmentation, 2018
5.1 By Soft and Hard Services, 2018
5.1.1 By Soft Services (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and Others), 2018
5.1.2 By Hard Services (Electromechanical and Operational Maintenance, Fire Safety and Security Systems and Civil Maintenance), 2018
5.2 By Integrated Facility Services, Bundled Services and Single Services, 2018
5.3 By In-House Personnel and Outsourced Personnel, 2018
5.4 By End User Sector (Industrial, Commercial, Residential and Others), 2018
6. Trends and Developments
7. Issues and Challenges
8. Regulatory Framework
8.1 Regulatory Framework in Egypt Facility Management Market
8.2 Taxation System in Egypt
9. SWOT Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Vendor Selection Process
10.2 Competition Parameters
10.3 Market Share of Major Players and Revenue, 2018
11. Company Profiles of Major Players
11.1. Contrack FM
11.3. EFS Facilities Services
11.4. IFMC-Apleona Group
11.5. Egypro- FME
11.6. Others (CBRE, JLL, Qeema FM, G4S, Savills, ProService, Encorp Facility Management, Emdad Facility Management, Egypt Service)
12. Future Outlook and Projections, 2018-2023E
12.1. Upcoming Projects In Egypt, 2018-2023E
12.2. By Soft and Hard Services, 2018-2023E
12.2.1. By Soft Service (Housekeeping, Security, Landscaping and Others), 2018-2023E
12.2.2. By Hard Service (Electromechanical and Operational Maintenance, Fire Safety and Security Systems and Civil Maintenance), 2018-2023E
12.3. By Integrated Facility Services, Bundled Services and Single Services, 2018-2023E
12.4. By Personnel Type (In-House Personnel and Outsourced Personnel), 2018-2023E
12.5. By End User Sector (Industrial, Commercial, Residential and Others), 2018-2023E
13. Analyst Recommendations