This research service focuses on the US Department of Defense (DoD) satellite communications market. Spacecraft, operations and control, ground receivers, networks, engineering, integration, and maintenance services are included. This study does not include launch vehicles and services. Representative programs, contracts, and market participants are highlighted to present an overview of DoD spending on this technology.
Spending for research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E); procurement; operations and maintenance (O&M); and a variety of services are also part of this study. Contract activity for the 2018 and 2019 calendar year, and programs from the 2020 budget request are the focus. DoD satellite communications spending consists of Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service spending plans - all of which are included. The base year for financial spending is 2018, and the market forecast is from 2019 to 2024. Satellite communications' funding plans by program for the fiscal year 2020 DoD budget request form the foundation of this research. The 2020 DoD request is notably higher than that of 2019 and may encounter opposition from both sides of the political aisle. This new research details the defense departments, agencies, and industry partners that offer the best opportunities for companies trying to participate in the US DoD satellite communications market. The research includes market trends and future concepts that shed light on spending and the importance of participating in certain projects and programs.
The research assists in understanding the department of defense's focus and the services it is likely to require in the future. The market research presented was obtained from secondary and primary sources and combines quantitative and qualitative information. Insights are provided on current and anticipated program spending and industry leaders, which will help firms to identify growth opportunities and formulate go-to-market strategies to assist them with improving their relative market share. The purpose of this study is to highlight the US DoD's satellite communications spending and technology trends. The purpose of this study is to discuss the current state of US DoD satellite communications activities. While the market is mature, there are signs that steady growth and new concepts are ahead, and this report will outline and provide commentary regarding those signs.
- To understand the current state of DoD satellite communications activities
- To understand the military operational trends driving the DoD satellite communications market
- To understand the commercial technology trends impacting DoD satellite communications
- To outline some future objectives for DoD satellite communications
Key Issues Addressed
- What are some leading DoD satellite communications programs?
- What are some leading DoD satellite communications contracts?
- Where are the growth opportunities in the DoD satellite communications market?
- What is the state of the current DoD satellite communications market landscape?
- What activities will be emphasized as the DoD satellite communications market continues to mature?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Evolution
- Key Predictions
2. Research Scope, Objectives, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
- Market Segmentation
3. Overview of DoD Satellite Communications
- Operational Satellite Communications Trends
- DoD Satellite Communications - Concepts of the Future
4. Market Measurement Analysis
- DoD Satellite Communications - Spending Forecast
- DoD Satellite Communications - Example Programs
- Competitive Structure of the DoD Satellite Communications Market
- Examples of DoD Satellite Communications Contracts
5. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity - Satellite Communications
- Growth Opportunity - Consortium-based Approach to Acquisition
- Growth Opportunity - Very Small Aperture Terminals
- Growth Opportunity - Enterprise Management and Control
- Growth Opportunity - Expeditionary Signal Battalions
- Strategic Imperatives to Achieve Growth Within the DoD Satellite Communications Ecosystem
- Key Takeaways
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Aerospace, Defense, and Security (ADS) Research Areas and Capabilities
- Visit Our Website for More Information
- List of Exhibits