Estimates on product sales (product shipments value) are published historically for 2017, projections for 2018 to 2019 and forecasts for 2020 and 2021. Product sales include the total value of all products sold by all retailers. For selected products, this can represent value of receipts or value of online sales. All national and region (states and metro areas) are broken out six employee size of establishments categories so report users can differentiate between small, independent retailers and large, big box retailers.
Published annually, this report provides a unique and accurate estimate on market sizing for this product line using a proprietary economic model that integrates historical trends (horizontal analysis) and longitudinal analysis of incorporated industries (vertical analysis).
The publisher's reports are an essential part of any GAP analysis, benchmarking project, SWOT analysis, business plan, risk analysis, or growth-share matrix.
- Users' Guide
- Industry Definition and Related Industries
- Industry Establishments
- Sales and Employment Trends
- Financial Ratios
- Firms and Payroll
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Number of Establishments
- 5-Year Trend - Estimated Number of Employees
- 2018 U.S. States - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2020 U.S. States - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2018 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- 2020 U.S. Metropolitan Areas - Estimated Industry Sales ($Millions)
- Definitions and Terms