This Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) profiles advancements in wearables for healthcare, athletics, smart gadgets, glass-based optical storage, oscillators and lasers for 5G, photonic chips for AI, SoCs, next generation display technologies such as liquid crystal on silicon along with smart glasses for augmented reality and mixed reality.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Innovations in Wearables, Multimode Oscillators, 5G Communication, Advanced Data Storage, Silicon Photonics, AI-enabled SoCs, and Display Technology
- Wearable Enables Treatment of Swallowing Disorders
- Wearable Insole Provides Real-time Insights for Athletes
- Semiconductor-based Multimode Oscillator Finds Application in 5G
- Wearable Smart Ring Enables Phone Calls, Fitness Tracking, and Making Payments
- Novel Laser Technology for High-speed Communication
- Innovative Optical Data Storage Using Glass
- Photonics Chips for Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Novel Micro Display for Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality Applications
- Next-gen Color Conversion Technology for Smart TVs
- Wearable for Better Eye Care and Sleep Quality
- Power-Efficient SoC for Connected Systems
- Lightweight Glasses for Mixed Reality Applications
- Key Contacts