This Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) profiles advancements in wearables, holographic displays, AI chips, visible light communication, micro-LEDs, VCSEL, and neuromorphic platform.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Advancements in Wearables, Thermoelectric Generators, Holographic Displays, AI Chips, VLC, Micro-LEDs, and VCSELs
- Thermoelectric Generator with Improved Efficiency can Power Wearables
- Wearable Face Mask Enables Breathing of Purified Air
- Sleep Wearable Helps Monitor Heart Rate, Sleep and Oxygen Levels
- Wearable Headband Helps Calm a Racy Mind
- Novel Holographic Display Technology for Healthcare
- Gallium-based Electronic Platform for Wearables
- Low-power Programmable Processors for Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Novel Neuromorphic Platform for Edge Applications
- Smart AR Glasses for Advanced Warehousing and Retail Applications
- Nano-antenna for Visible Light Communication
- Technology for Manufacturing Micro-LEDs on a Variety of Substrates
- Multi-junction VCSEL for Higher Power Conversion Efficiency
- Key Contacts