The global commercial aerospace market saw a year of turmoil in 2019 as the Boeing 737 MAX saga disrupted production. 2020 is going to be a year of reconfiguration that will not only affect Boeing, but the entire industry as well. The company is going to be pressured to make a large announcement this year in terms of a future airframe that will bridge the next-gen airframes to the futuristic. Opportunities are evident for suppliers who can keep up with any means possible by throttling production based on demand as OEMs are undertaking vertical integration, establishing joint ventures and even embedding strategic leadership within supply houses in hopes of securing the outcome.
Emerging technologies including advanced composite materials, additive manufacturing and electrification will continue to disrupt the design and construction of aircraft platforms. Airbus is proving that the void in the mid-market has already been filled by its higher-end A320 family of jets.
Digitalization in aerospace has grown to a $2 billion business-impacting every facet of the industry. OEMs, suppliers and third parties are attempting to capture a part of the convoluted array of products. Joint ventures, consolidations and outright takeovers have been evident in the past few years as manufacturers embrace vertical integration in hopes of gaining back some control lost due to outsourcing.
This outlook consolidates 2020 projections for deliveries and tallies up the scorecard from 2019. Global regions are profiled by aircraft type – namely wide-body, narrow-body and regional jets; airlines by region; as well as countries that are taking deliveries of new aircraft. Major platforms, including backlog data and lifecycle status, are also profiled.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the top trends that will drive the commercial aerospace market in 2020? What impact will these trends have on the market?
- What are the key developments to watch out for in 2020? What are the companies to watch out for?
- What was the market size in 2019? How is it expected to grow in 2020? What will be the status by 2029?
- What is the impact of emerging technology and supply chain trends on market growth?
- What are the opportunities available for commercial aerospace vendors (aftermarket and OEMs) in 2020?
1. Executive Summary
- Top Takeaways for 2020
- Top Trends for 2020
- Issues to Watch
- Unit Outlook
- Platform Delivery Breakdown by Region - 2019
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Commercial Aerospace Fleet Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. Key Global Commercial Aircraft Production and Delivery Trends
- Unit Outlook - Regional Aircraft
- Unit Outlook - Narrowbody Aircraft
- Unit Outlook - Widebody Aircraft
- Total Aircraft Production - (2017–2029)
- Boeing - Delivery Outlook
- Boeing - Production Outlook
- Airbus - Delivery Outlook
- Airbus - Production Outlook
- Boeing-Airbus - Widebody Aircraft Production Share
- Boeing-Airbus - Narrowbody Aircraft Production Share
- Production Forecast - (2018–2029)
- Production Revenue - 2019
- Production Revenue Forecast - (2020–2029)
4. Regional Breakdown - Asia-Pacific
- Regional Analysis - APAC
- APAC - Key Findings
5. Regional Breakdown - North America
- Regional Analysis - NA
- NA - Key Findings
6. Regional Breakdown - Europe
- Regional Analysis - Europe
- Europe - Key Findings
7. Regional Breakdown - Middle East and Africa
- Regional Analysis - MEA
- MEA - Key Findings
8. Regional Breakdown - Latin America
- Regional Analysis - LATAM
- LATAM - Key Findings
9. Key Trends to Watch - Global Commercial Aerospace
- Trend 1 - Digitalization
- Trend 2 - Vertical Integration
- Trend 3 - Electrification
10. Platform Outlook
- Program Update - Airbus
- Program Update - Boeing
11. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Digitalization Platforms
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Emerging Technologies
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Vendor Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Global Partnerships
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
12. Key Conclusions
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- Aerospace, Defense, and Security (ADS) Research Areas/Capabilities
- Visit Our Website for More Information
- List of Exhibits