The complexity and fast-changing nature of communications service providers' (CSPs') business processes make automation (including automation of human and real-world interactions) a challenge. Artificial intelligence (AI) can address these challenges by using complex data sets to make better decisions and by applying algorithms to understand real-world data such as voice, text, and images.
This report focuses on AI-enabled automation within the telecoms industry. The analyst identifies the challenges that can be addressed by AIdriven automation and highlight examples of where it has been successfully implemented. The report provides recommendations for both communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors on how artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to achieve automation.
It is based on several sources including:
- Internal research and interviews with stakeholders in the market.
This report answers the following questions:
- What benefits does AI bring to automation that previous approaches were unable to achieve?
- Which challenges are best solved using AI technology and why is this technology more effective than previous approaches to automation?
- Where is AI situated within other classes of automation tools such as robotics process automation (RPA) and analytics?
- In which settings has AI been used successfully for automation?
- Which factors are driving the deployment of AI for automation within the telecoms industry?
Who Should Read this Report
- CSPs that are considering how to apply AI to achieve greater degrees of automation for their end-to-end processes.
- CSPs that are undergoing an RFI process to understand the key vendors active in their market.
- Vendors that need to understand how AI-driven automation fits within their domain-specific applications.
- Vendors that are considering how to utilise AI to support their goals for zero-touch automation.
- Executive summary
- Research report overview
- Challenges in using AI to address automation
- Technologies required for AI automation: a framework
- AI-enabled automation in practice
- About the author
- OSS automation SK Telecom(Tango)
- SK Telecom