LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact reports key findings as of May 27, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Significant sales losses in LVMH's cosmetics and toiletries business due to COVID-19 outbreak are inevitable, and the outlook of the recovery in 2020 is not favorable for the company. However, LVMH has pivoted to address urgent public health needs by supplying masks and sanitizers, and making monetary donations to hospitals, which will increase brand affinity among consumers. Cost reductions and strategic investments will be key exercises for the recovery. A strong retail presence across continents may work as a strength when lockdown measures are relaxed. Potentially, LVMH can concentrate on e-commerce sales by partnering with online players and expanding its product portfolio with new launches and styles.
- Consumers are staying indoors and avoiding social gatherings, harming the consumption and sales of the fragrances and make-up categories.
- LVMH's key cosmetics and toiletries markets are exposed to COVID-19, but there is a glimmer of home due to its geographic advantage.
- Concentrating on online channels for product sales will help the company to overcome the losses caused by COVID-19.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of ContentsCOVID-19 impact analysis on LVMH's cosmetics and toiletries business - key findings as of 14th May, 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs LVMH brand sales
- Regional impact of COVID-19 on the sales of the cosmetics and toiletries industry
- LVMH's exposure: brand sales by region and industry vs regional impact levels
- Cosmetics and toiletries exposure: brand sales by region and sector vs regional impact levels
- Fragrances exposure: brand sales by region and category vs regional impact levels
- Operational reactions from LVMH - indications from recruitment trends
- LVMH - price dynamics in the last 30 days by category