This 78-page report, based on a survey of church administrators and pastors, is the latest in our series to examine the evolution in church management software solutions. There are scores of church management software solutions available to American churches, and these solutions are becoming more dynamic and flexible all the time, adapting to the ongoing and growing needs of church communities.
This study was initiated and conducted independently by the analyst, gathering results that reflect the opinions of customers and potential customers. As an independent researcher, the analyst is not biased toward or against any individual companies or products which might be rated in the report.
This report features 35 extensive tables of findings, graphs, scores of verbatim comments from ChMS users, and text to explain the response to each of dozens of questions.
The survey questionnaire was developed by the analyst and reviewed by a panel of industry professionals. These professionals contributed valuable suggestions toward more credible and useful results. The analyst is grateful to these colleagues and the organizations that permitted them to offer their time and talent.
This survey was conducted online from November 2019 through February 2020. A total of 130 individuals qualified to answer questions related to church management solutions and provided valid responses. A sample size of 130 yields an accuracy of ±8.6% at the 95% confidence level.
The researcher establishes strict rules for responses to be considered valid, ensuring high legitimacy and quality of the data. To correct any variations that new lists might have introduced into the response and prevent bias, researchers took the added step of weighting the response by church size according to the latest metrics available from list compilers and normalizing response by list.
- Introduction and Methodology
- Executive Summary
- Purchase Decisions
- Purchase Authority
- Purchase Decision Involvement
- Plans for Upgrading or Switching
- Purchase Decision Influencers
- Preferred Pricing Structure
- Online Solutions Pricing Analysis
- Online Solutions: Awareness and Interest
- Awareness and Adoption of Internet-based ChMS
- Likelihood to Move to an Online Solution
- Online Solution Preference
- ChMS Awareness, Usage, and Satisfaction
- Aided Awareness
- Primary Product Used
- Length of Time with Current Product
- Use of Product Features
- Integration with Other Programs
- Overall Feature Importance
- Overall Feature Satisfaction
- Overall Gap Analysis
- Individual Product Ratings
- Likelihood to Recommend
- Church Profile
- Congregation Size
- Number of Full-time Employees
- Number of Authorized Users
- Gross Income
- Church Location
- Ministry Social Media Usage
- Computers in Classrooms
- Classroom Internet Access
- Church Technology Use
- Respondent Profile
- Frequency of Interaction
- Job Title
- Employment Status
- Verbatim Responses