1 of 1
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Duopa through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Parkinson's Disease market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend for each type of activity?
- How does AbbVie's depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Duopa throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Duopa in 2019?
- Author leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than five years of longitudinal data is available - covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,900 paid interactions across 1,100 physicians made on behalf of Duopa were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 10 peer products (i.e. Apokyn, Gocovri, Inbrija, Neupro, Northera, Nourianz, Nuplazid, Osmolex ER, Rytary, and Xadago) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 1