Crédit Agricole is a provider of banking and related financial services. It offers a range of retail and corporate banking, investment banking, and insurance solutions. It has a presence across Europe, the Americas, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Crédit Agricole operates under various brands such as LCL Bank and Insurance, BforBank, CPR Asset Management, Crédit Agricole Assurances, and Indosuez Wealth Management.
Launched in October 2014 in Paris, Le Village by CA is an incubator and accelerator program that focuses on identifying and supporting startups in the fintech space and other industries. Since the launch, the bank has expanded its Village by CA network to 33.
Launched in 2018, La Fabrique by CA is Crédit Agricole's startup studio that aims to create and develop startups and accelerate their growth by capitalizing on the group’s strengths and its areas of innovation.
Inaugurated in June 2018, Hub@Luxembourg is Crédit Agricole’s international platform to help startups based at its French Village locations connect with international partners.
Launched in October 2017, Start & Pulse is a Crédit Agricole Consumer Finance program that focuses on collaborating with fintech startups to exchange, share, and generate disruptive ideas. Through this program, the bank intends to reinforce its open innovation approach and develop innovative banking services and solutions.
This report explores Crédit Agricole's digital transformation strategies. It provides extensive insight into its technology initiatives, covering partnerships, product launches, investments, and acquisitions. In addition, the report includes details of the company's estimated ICT budget for 2020.
- Crédit Agricole is strengthening its focus on the use of innovative technologies to enhance its digital banking capabilities. Cloud, AI, machine learning, blockchain, cybersecurity, big data, and robotic process automation are among the technologies the company is focusing on.
- As part of its 2020 Strategic Ambition plan, Crédit Agricole announced a €100m ($112m) investment in 2017 to support innovative companies over a three-year period. It expects to increase the fund to €200m ($224m) by the end of 2020. This investment will help to finance innovations and tech startups developing solutions in the areas of big data, digital payments, cybersecurity, and blockchain technologies for banking and insurance.
- Crédit Agricole is focusing on its multi-channel strategy to provide customers with seamless banking services. Crédit Agricole Egypt introduced innovative cashless branches called “banki” to support its digital transformation strategy and the Central Bank of Egypt’s financial inclusion efforts.
- Crédit Agricole has entered into partnerships with technology companies such as Samsung, Wirecard, and Bitstamp in an effort to transform the group’s operations and speed up the digital transformation process.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Crédit Agricole’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches, partnerships, acquisitions and investment strategies.
Table of Contents
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerators & In-House Labs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Investments & Acquisitions
- Partnership and Acquisition Network Map
- ICT Budgets & Contracts
- Key Executives
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Expert Systems
- SIA EasyWay
- G+D Mobile Security
- Linxo Group