CBD is not a scheduled substance under the narcotic law in Uruguay and its production, use and sale is legal. Moreover, Uruguay is planning to expand its medical cannabis market for exports and boost the local production market, including with CBD products from hemp. This report provides a comprehensive overview of the current regulatory regime for CBD and hemp in Uruguay, covering all aspects from extracts and finished products, to import/export laws and medical and recreational cannabis regulation.
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.