China has a long history of growing hemp for fibre and other uses such as in Chinese traditional herbs and in food. However, the legal field is a patchwork of different standards and government documents. Currently, two provinces – Yunnan and Heilongjiang – have developed regulations for hemp and CBD, and Jilin province could be the third to do so. This report provides a comprehensive overview of the regulatory regime in China, looking at the general rules as well as the three provinces regulatory regimes.
- Consumer and market participant (manufacturer/brand) surveys.
- Consolidation of publicly available information.
- Legal tracking through legal database checking and sourcing information from government regulators and other law-making bodies.
- Pricing and product information from online and offline retail data gathering, including local fieldwork teams.
- Findings from key industry events and interviews with leading market players and opinion leaders.
- Partnerships with leading research agencies.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and client collaborations.
- Cross-referenced data between markets.
- Tamarind Media proprietary market model.
Please note that each report has its own methodology, so you should always refer to the methodology applied in the report you purchase.