As providers and payers of healthcare look toward a post-COVID-19 recovery, implementing policies and strategies that reinforce sustainability will be vital to securing stable footings in both the short and long term. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) are three critical elements of sustainability that players in the healthcare space will have to consider in order to strengthen their business interests and increase their ability to compete in the future healthcare space.
Environmental sustainability is important as issues such as climate change and increasing pollution levels can significantly impact the health of local and regional populations around the world, and will continue to exert cost and infrastructure stresses on global healthcare systems. Rising healthcare costs make it necessary for all serious healthcare players to consider social sustainability in healthcare. Neglected communities, lack of access to affordable and effective healthcare, and the inability to access voices of diverse communities will all lead to inevitable declining population health, and ultimately to an increase in healthcare costs. Last, it is vital that healthcare players address corporate governance issues such as tighter risk management strategies in order to bolster consumer trust, and to seek more inclusive corporate structures to create better buy-ins across all stakeholders. Players that are able to better support the environment, create social trust and value, and embrace transparency and value generation will be more competitive as healthcare costs continue to rise.
This report explores the theme of sustainability in Healthcare, through coverage of environmental, governance, and social sustainability.
- This report is a thematic brief, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and disrupting companies.
- The report covers the segments of sustainability in health care.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector. However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This sustainability in Healthcare thematic report provides a top-down outlook at the key players and trends in sustainability in the Healthcare sector.
Table of Contents
- The Publisher's Sustainability Framework
- The Impact of Sustainability on Healthcare
- Sustainability Measurement and Response
- Case Studies
- Further Reading
- Appendix: Thematic Research Methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- United Health
- Edwards Life Sciences
- Siemens Healthineers
- Walgreens Boots Alliance