Falling NIMs to pressurize profits
KSA banking sector report provides an in-depth analysis of the industry and discusses the challenges posed by the economic impact of COVID-19. The report discusses key parameters such as credit growth, asset quality, profitability and liquidity, and provides forecasts for 2020 considering the current economic conditions. The report also identifies emerging trends and profiles of listed domestic banks in addition to providing company-level forecasts for 2020 based on the publisher's proprietary research model.
Why purchase the report?
- Incorporates COVID-19 Impact: The outlook of the banking sector has drastically changed due to the aftermath of COVID-19 outbreak. Our forecasts incorporate the impact of COVID-19.
- Extensive Coverage: The report examines the current state of the banking sector, analysis of key banking metrics, profiling of domestic banks and identified the emerging trends. The report also includes forecasts for credit growth, non-performing loans and bank earnings based on our proprietary research model.
- Key Data Points: The report covers important aspects of the banking sector in Saudi Arabia, which includes the following:
State of the economy amidst COVID-19
- Measures taken by the Government and Central Bank
- Overview of Saudi Arabia’s banking sector
- Credit growth
- Asset Quality
- Digitization trends
- Mergers & acquisition trends
- Regulatory support for Fintech
- Profiles of domestic banks
Did you know?
- Saudi Arabia has the second-largest banking industry in the GCC region by total assets and accounts for roughly 29% of the GCC’s total banking assets.
- Credit to manufacturing, commerce and construction sectors have been trending downwards despite accounting for roughly 34% of the banking sector’s total credit.
- Despite the significant increase in retail lending portfolio, retail NPLs at the end of 2019 were lower than 2018 levels of 0.78%.
- The ratio of POS transactions to ATM withdrawals has improved from 36% in March 2019 to 44% in March 2020. The trend is likely to accelerate further in the coming years.
- Saudi Arabia’s Capital Market Authority (CMA) launched the FinTech Lab initiative to support innovation in the financial market, as well as the development of new products in the FinTech sector.
- State of the economy amidst COVID-19
- Saudi Arabia Banking sector overview
- Key Metrics
- Emerging Trends in the Banking sector
- Bank Profiles
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation
- Alinma Bank SJSC
- Arab National Bank
- Bank Alibilad SJSC
- Banque Saudi Fransi SJSC
- National Commercial Bank
- Riyad Bank
- Samba Financial Group
- Saudi British Bank
- Saudi Investment Bank SJSC