COVID-19 Impact on General Mills July 7th, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography
Whilst all companies in the consumer goods sector will see a major upheaval as a result of the disease, General Mills' category and regional diversity in its brand sales leave it relatively well positioned to ride out the crisis. Having said that, while some sectors could well benefit, updated strategies will likely be required to help maintain sales in other sectors such as indulgence categories. In addition, while its brand prices are rising, it is showing a clear commitment to helping its most vulnerable customers at this time. Overall the company has many key strengths that leave it well placed to perform. The company's contribution towards the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic will likely boost brand engagement with its consumers.
- Geographic diversification and focus on sole focus on essentials set to shield General Mills against the impact of the pandemic on its brand sales
- General Mills' brand sales are likely to be positively impacted by the pandemic
- The majority of food sectors are poised to witness increase in sales globally, as consumers buy more essential items amid global pandemic
- As a result of being diversified across various food sectors, General Mills is poised to earn a profit in 2020
- Diversification in General Mills' bakery and cereals business means that it is well poised to weather the COVID-19 storm
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis on General Mills - Key Findings As of 07th July, 2020
- Geographic Spread Analysis - COVID-19 VS General Mills' Brand Sales
- The Impact of COVID-19 on General Mills' Regional Sectors
- General Mills' Exposure: Brand Sales at Risk by Region and Industry