Biologics provide novel treatment options for several diseases and ailments that do have a solution in any other alternative treatment. They are derived from extracts of living organisms like humans, animals, or microorganisms by using biotechnological techniques. Biologics provide safer solutions to the treatment of ailments that do not have any other clinical methodology for treatment, the meet unmet demands. Biologics provide cutting edge of technological innovation in the field of clinical studies and biomedical research.
They provide a range of diverse solutions for ailments and illnesses that do not have any other alternate treatment, this factor acts as a key driver for the biologics market. Therefore, the biologic drug market meets unmet demands which have a positive impact on the growth of this market. Although, the high cost and stringent government regulations with regards to the use of Biologics stunt it's market growth. Moreover; challenges like patent cliff, a strict regulatory environment, and the emergence of alternative solutions impact the market growth negatively. There have also been cases where side-effects for these biological drugs are observed like gastrointestinal complications, change in blood pressure, chest pain, breathing problems, etc- these problems hamper the market growth of this sector since their scope for treatment becomes limited. This report accounts for the value chain analysis of this market.
The global market revenue for Biologics has a value of USD 256 Billion in 2020 and it is projected to reach USD 670.8 Billion by 2028 with a CAGR of 12.8 %. This report titled,” Global Biologics- Market and Technology Forecast to 2028”, is segmented by Source, Drug Class, and Region.
North America is expected to dominate the global market and account for a CAGR of 12% owing to increased demand for the products used in the treatment of diseases. Moreover, U.S pharmaceutical companies comprise up to 80% of the world's R&D in healthcare Biotechnology. EU is expected to be the second-largest market with a growth of around 12% CAGR.
On the basis of source, it is seen that microbial expression acts as an intermediary product that is used in the production of a substantial number of drugs. Moreover, In-house manufacturing is seen to be a more popular choice amongst market competitors as compared to product outsourcing. Monoclonal antibodies have the largest market share of 39%. MABs govern this segment owing to the higher usage of drugs belonging to this category in different therapeutics. Due to the increased incidence of cancer, the oncology segment is the largest revenue generator in the disease segment, it constitutes up to 44% of the global market revenue.
“The Global Biologics- Market and Technology Forecast to 2028” report focuses on key market trends between the forecast period from 2020 to 2028. The Biologics market in this report is segmented based on Source, Drug Class, and Region. The study period for this report is from 2018-2028
The report is aimed at:
- A detailed analysis of the drivers, restraints, and challenges has been provided in this report along with its effect on the global market.
- Upcoming technologies that can have an impact on this market's growth have been discussed.
- The key players of this field and the strategies exercised by them have been studied thoroughly in this report.
- Porter’s Five Forces and PESTLE Analysis has been used to provide a strategic outlook of the market
- The opportunities within this market for expired patents and upcoming R&D have been discussed in this report.
- Segmentation covered in this Report:
- The market is segmented based on Source, Drug Class, and Region.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
By Drug Class:
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- MABs by application
- Biochemical Analysis
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Direct MAB Agents
- Targeting MAB Agents
- Protein Purification
- MABs by type
- Recombinant insulin
- Human growth hormone
- Blood factor
- Fusion protein
- Recombinant Enzyme
- Colony Stimulating Factor
- Cell Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- By Product
- Recombinant Proteins
- Antisense, RNAi, & Molecular Therapy
- Others (Certain products under trials related to blood products etc)
- Infectious Diseases
- By Product
- Antisense, RNAi, & Molecular Therapy
- Recombinant Proteins
- Immunological Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
Country Level Analysis
- United States
- United Kingdom
Reasons to buy this report:
- Insights for the global market based on market segmentation has been provided in this report which can be beneficial to industry professional looking forward to entering this market.
- The drivers, restraints, and challenges along with their impact on the global market revenue have been mentioned in this report which can be used by new players to study this market.
- Both near term, as well as long term objectives, can be derived from this report since it extends up to a forecast period of 2028
- The new opportunities that this market provides can be explored by existing players with the help of this report.
- A complete analysis of the strategies employed by the key players of this market has been provided which can be of use to both new as well as existing players.
- The sales team could make use of this report to increase product sales by understanding the market demographics thoroughly with the help of this report.
Who is this report aimed for:
- Biologics Manufacturers: Can use this report to understand the global demand for this product and strategize manufacturing accordingly.
- Biologics Therapeutic Markets: Can use this report to understand the utilization of biologics in varied medical diagnostics globally.
- Financial Institutions: Can use this report to study the current market and evaluate investment as well as R&D funding strategies.
- Governments, Associations, and Industrial Bodies: Could make use of this report to understand the opportunities that this market provides.
- Sales Teams: They can use this report to understand the drivers of the market.
1.2 Market definition
1.4 Events based Forecast Scenario
1.5 Who will benefit from this report
1.5.1 Business Leaders & Business Developers
1.7 Opportunity Alerts
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Global Biologics Market Trends and Insights
2.2 Major Findings
2.3 Major Conclusions
2.4 Important Tables and Graphs
3 Current Market Overview of the Global Biologics Market
4 Current Technology Trends in the Global Biologics
5 Market Segmentation
5.1 By Source
5.2 By Region
5.3 By Drug Class
6 Market Analysis
6.2 Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis
6.2.1 Competitive Rivalry
6.2.2 Supplier Power
6.2.3 Buyer Power
6.2.4 Threat of Substitution
6.2.5 Threat of New Entry
6.4 Market Dynamics
6.5 Country Analysis
6.5.1 United States
6.5.11 United Kingdom
7 Forecast Global Biologics Market by Source to 2028
7.2 Global Biologics Market by Source overview
7.3 Global Biologics Market By Source (By Region)
7.3.1 North America
7.3.4 Middle East
8 Forecast Global Biologics by Region to 2028
8.2 Global Biologics Market by Region overview
8.3 Global Biologics Market By Region (By Distribution Channel)
8.3.1 Hospital Pharmacies
8.3.2 Retail Pharmacies
8.3.3 Online Pharmacies
9 Forecast Global Biologics Market by Drug Class to 2028
9.2 Global Biologics Market by Drug Class
9.3 Global Biologics Market By Drug Class (By Disease)
9.3.2 Infectious Disease
9.3.3 Immunological Disorders
9.3.4 Cardiovascular Disorders
9.3.5 Hematological Disorders
10 Opportunity Analysis Global Biologics Market
11 Events based forecast for the Global Biologics Market to 2028
11.2 Events forecast factors
11.3 Global Market
11.4 Events Based Forecast- Scenario 1
11.5 Events Based Forecast- Scenario 2
12 Corona Impact
13 Conclusions and recommendations
14 Company Profiles
15 About the publisher
15.2 Contact us
15.4 License information
15.4.1 1-User PDF License
15.4.2 5-User PDF License
15.4.3 Site PDF License
15.4.4 Enterprise PDF License
16.1 Companies Mentioned