1h Free Analyst TimeTourism Destination Market Insights - United States (2020)
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The United States is home to a number of popular destinations for travelers of all types thanks to its varied offering. This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for the United States as a destination market.
- With the largest economy in the world, the US, which is made up of 50 states over 3.8 million square miles, is the most internationally recognized country in the world. Each state offers its own tourism product, where each state is known for different attractions. The US welcomed 78.9 million visitors from international source markets in 2019, whilst 2.3 million trips were made to domestic destinations by US citizens.
- 2.3 billion domestic trips were made in 2019, which made up 97% of visitors to US destinations in this year. The remaining 3% was from international source markets, including neighbouring Canada (21.8m) and Mexico (18m) and long-haul destinations such as the UK (4.8m) and Japan (3.7m), according to the publisher.
- Using air transport methods to go from one city to another in the US is popular, as some cities are far away and domestic air travel is accessible via low cost and full service airlines. However, 91% of domestic trips are made via land, which can be in private vehicles or on bus services such as Greyhound buses. 6.8% of domestic trips are made via air.
- This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for the United States as a destination market.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in one of the world's most popular tourist destinations.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
- Key Trends
- COVID-19 Impact
- Destination Action
- Projects and Developments
- New Construction Projects
- New Airline Routes
- Source Markets
- Main Source Markets
- Upcoming Source Markets
- Types of Tourism
- Adventure Tourism
- City Break Tourism
- Culinary Tourism
- Destination Focus
- New York City
- Infrastructure and Attractions
- Risk & SWOT Analysis
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Delta Air Lines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines