This Advanced Manufacturing Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers growth opportunities in robotics and additive manufacturing. Some of the key innovations profiled include quality assurance robots, robots for warehouse maintenance, robots enabling factory automation, commercial robots for sanitation and disinfection, 3D printing for pharmaceuticals, and 3D printing of structures using cement.
The Advanced Manufacturing TOE covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a monthly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics, cobots), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. Advancements in 3D Printing, Agile Manufacturing, Laser Welding, Automated Bin Picking, and Laser Cladding
- Elementary Robotics Inc., US
- RIOS Corporation, US
- AGILOX Systems GmbH, Austria
- AI-based Industrial Robots
- Festo SE & Co. KG, Germany
- 3D Printing Damascus Steel
- Using Single Grade of Metal Powder to 3D Print Partially Magnetized Structures
- Metal 3D Printing
- 3D Printing Structures Using Special Cement
- Modular 3D Printer for the Construction Industry
- Delivery Robots for Indoor Applications
- Robots for Sanitizing and Disinfection
- Commercial Robots
- 3D Printer for Pharmaceuticals
- Robot Revolutionizing 3D Printing
- 3D Printing
- Key Contacts