Human Liver Models Market Overview
Human Liver Models Market size is $163.40M in 2019, growing at a CAGR of 11.4%% during the forecast period 2020-2025. A human liver model is a structure that is used to check toxicity associated with the drug which may result in liver failure or other related liver disease. This helps to create a better understanding of liver disease and complex spatial relationship of internal anatomy of liver. It enables to develop a better understanding of liver disease and complex spatial relationships of the internal anatomy of the liver. The advanced liver models are mini-organs or organoids that are expected to replicate human liver physiology, anatomy, and functions from molecular layer upward. Liver organoids have numerous applications owing to their advantages over cell cultures such as their ability to mimic the tissue function and disease pathology. They are thus used in research applications, disease modelling, drug screening, gene therapy and organ replacement.
The report: “Human Liver Models Market - Forecast (2020-2025)” covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Human Liver Models Market.
By Drug Discovery Platforms: Liver Organoids, Liver-On-A-Chip, 2D Model, Animal Model and 3D Bioprinting.
By Application: Education, Drug Discovery and Others.
By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- Increasing demand for operative treatment methods regarding the liver is set to propel the growth of the market.
- Increasing number of initiatives to create an awareness regarding the liver organoids is the driving factors for the growth of Human Liver Models market.
- Increasing R&D funding and venture capital investments for the development of liver models aiding growth towards the market.
- Europe region is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
By Application - Segment Analysis
In 2019, Drug Discovery segment dominated the Human Liver Models Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.0% owing towards the low risk by early detection of hepatic toxicity. Animal models and 2D models are being used traditionally and have various limitations. Thus they are being replaced by 3D bio printed models or chip models. The adoption of in vitro models for drug discovery is rising owing to the disadvantages of animal models such as they do not mimic human functions and humanized animals are more expensive. Drug discovery by pharmaceutical companies require culture of human liver cells for toxicology studies. Liver models have characteristic functions that are used in preclinical metabolism and safety studies of candidate drugs abetting towards the market’s growth.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, the North America region dominated Human Liver Models Market in terms of revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% owing towards the presence of established in this region. This growth can be attributed towards the increasing research & development initiatives and government support for the improvement of the healthcare sector. The increasing awareness about the health and availability of new treatment methods drives the market in this region is key factors in the growth of the Human Liver Models market. Europe is estimated to record the fastest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Drivers - Human Liver Models Market
- Increasing Need For Early Detection Of Drug Toxicity In Patients
The increasing need for the early detection of drug toxicity to minimize financial losses owing to late-stage drug failure is the growing factor for Human Liver Models Market. Liver models are required to study the common problems at a late stage of the drug development process, where failure is at its most expensive, and how the trend of growing attrition rates is slowed in the future is also contributing to the market growth.
Challenges - Human Liver Models Market
- Lack of Expert Professionals
High skills are required with the development and total process of making effective liver models. There has been a shortage of people able to excel in these positions in the community, making an extremely negative high-impact on the work process hampering the market’s growth. Lack of integration of patient’s priorities into the care plan can result in undue focus on curative care even with dwindling chances of transplant, rather than proactively aNAressing supportive and palliative care goals are main factors restraining the market’s growth.
Human Liver Models Industry Outlook
Product Launches was the key strategy of the players in the Human Liver Models Industry. Human Liver Models top 10 companies include CN Bio Innovations, Corning Incorporated, Emulate, Inc., Hurel Corporation, InSphero, BioIVT, Regenovo, CellLink Lifescience, Pandorum, Organovo Holdings Inc. and Organovo Holdings Inc.
- In March 2017, Hurel Corporation acquired entered into an agreement with Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development to develop microfluidic technology with a view to launch the world’s first in vitro test of first-pass liver bioavailability in humans.
- In July 2020, InSphero launched Online Store to Streamline Ordering Process for Researchers Heading Back the Bench as COVID-19 Shutdown Ends. Online purchasing options for assay-ready 3D insight human liver microtissues is to help eliminate 3D model developments delays for labs ready to resume compound testing and risk assessment.