Gain a better understanding of how to manage employees without enabling bad behavior.
Most organizational leaders and managers want better employee engagement, performance, and productivity, but oftentimes they are spending too much of their time dealing with the consequences of negative employee behaviors, and they fail to effectively deal with these behaviors. This topic will help leaders and managers identify the negative employee behaviors that often manifest at work, how they might be enabling these behaviors, and how they impact the culture and performance of the organization. The information will also explain how leaders and managers can develop a culture that rewards positive behaviors through clarifying values and expectations, aligning behaviors with values, and rewarding positive behaviors. This material will help you be better equipped to build a positive work culture that promotes and encourages positive employee behaviors while also minimizing the negative behaviors that can be detrimental to morale, engagement, and productivity.
- You will be able to describe negative employee behaviors that manifest at work.
- You will be able to explain the impact negative employee behaviors have on organizational culture and performance.
- You will be able to identify the ways that managers enable and reward negative behaviors.
- You will be able to explain how to create a culture that rewards and reinforces positive employee behaviors.
Negative Employee Behaviors and Their Impact to the Organization
- Examples of Negative Employee Behaviors
- Why These Behaviors Manifest at Work
- Impact to the Organization's Culture and Performance
How Managers Enable and Reward Negative Behaviors
- Focusing Too Much on Results
- Not Paying Attention
- Making Excuses
- Avoiding Conflict
Creating a Culture That Rewards Positive Behaviors
- Clarifying Values and Expectations
- Aligning Behaviors With Values
- Recognizing and Rewarding Positive Behaviors
Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Executive Director and Assistant Professor of Leadership at Palm Beach Atlantic University, Orlando Campus
- Over 15 years of experience leading departments and teams in higher education
- Over 10 years of experience teaching college courses on business, leadership, management, strategy, and customer service
- Leadership consultant, speaker, and podcaster at Insights for Leading
- Regularly conducts workshops, seminars, and talks on various leadership topics
- Produced numerous articles, blogs, and podcasts at insightsforleading.com
- Creator of the “Strategic Planning Simplified” online course
- Ed.D. degree in organizational leadership, Grand Canyon University; M.B.A. degree, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org