Clinical trials are scientific studies to understand how a particular medical approach reciprocates in different sets of people. They are performed to diagnose, detect, and prevent various types of diseases. They can be used to evaluate the efficacy of new drugs or devices like catheters etc. The clinical trial industry links the bridge between the lab/research organisation and the market for new drugs. Thus the market is constantly evolving with a series of new clinical studies being launched at an ever-growing pace.
The Global Clinical Trials Market is estimated to be USD 19.25 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 28.7 Bn by 2025 growing at a CAGR of 8.3%.
With the increase in the demand for new medicines and medical equipment amongst healthcare providers, the clinical trials markets have seen an upsurge. However, solutions that are both permanent and effective do take a considerable amount of time in terms of approval thus slowing down the market growth.
- Globalizing Drug Development Activities
- Rise in R&D Investments to develop new healthcare products
- High Disease Prevalence in Emerging Countries
- Longer Approval Time
- Lack of skilled workforce in clinical research
- Leveraging Online Resources to Increase Patient Recruitment Rates in Clinical Trials
- Increasing partnerships between the pharma bio-tech companies and clinical research organizations
- Applications of Technological enabled measures
By Geography, North America is assumed to be the largest market. The Global Clinical Trial Market is segmented on the basis of study phases, study designs, indication of disease and geography.
Global Clinical Trials Market, By Study Phases
- Phase I trials
- Phase II trials
- Phase III trials
Global Clinical Trials Market, By Study Designs
- Observational Studies
- Interventional Trials
- Expanded Access Trials
Global Clinical Trials Market, By Indications
- Pain Management
- CNS Condition
Global Clinical Trials Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are IQVIA, Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, PAREXEL International Corporation, Wuxi AppTec Inc., Charles River Laboratories, ICON Plc, SGS SA, Syneos Health etc
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market.
Tortoise: Companies that are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Clinical Trials Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Competitive Quadrant, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Clinical Trials Market, By Study Phases
6.1.2 Phase I trials
6.1.3 Phase II trials
6.1.4 Phase III trials
7 Clinical Trials Market, By Study Designs
7.1.2 Observational Studies
7.1.3 Interventional Trials
7.1.4 Expanded Access Trials
8 Clinical Trials Market, By Indications
8.1.3 Pain Management
8.1.5 CNS Condition
9 Global Clinical Trials Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.5 Rest of Europe
9.5.5 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle East and Africa
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 IGR Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11 Company Profiles
11.1 Aaipharma Services Corp.
11.2 Accell Clinical Research LLC
11.3 Aptiv Solutions
11.4 Chiltern International Limited
11.6 Covance Inc.
11.7 Ecron Acunova Ltd
11.9 ICON Plc
11.10 Inc Research LLC
11.11 Medpace Inc
11.12 Parexel International Corp
11.13 Pharmanet Development Group
11.14 Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc
11.15 PRA International
11.16 Quintiles Transnational Corp
11.17 Siro Clinpharm Pvt. Ltd
11.18 TCG Lifesciences Ltd
11.19 Theorem Clinical Research
11.21 Novo Nordisk A/S
11.22 SGS SA
- Aaipharma Services Corp.
- Accell Clinical Research LLC
- Aptiv Solutions
- Chiltern International Limited
- Covance Inc.
- Ecron Acunova Ltd
- ICON Plc
- Inc Research LLC
- Medpace Inc
- Parexel International Corp
- Pharmanet Development Group
- Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc
- PRA International
- Quintiles Transnational Corp
- Siro Clinpharm Pvt. Ltd
- TCG Lifesciences Ltd
- Theorem Clinical Research
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- SGS SA