5G and cost reduction will be the two biggest factors influencing investments in the monetisation platforms segment. Communications service providers (CSPs) will significantly overhaul their existing monetisation platforms during the forecast period, even though the total spending on such systems is set to decline.
This report provides forecasts for communications service provider (CSP) spending on monetisation platforms and related services for 2020-2025. It provides details of how spending will vary by delivery type, service type and region across different subsegments. The report also provides recommendations for how vendors and CSPs can transition from legacy systems to modern architecture frameworks.
The report is based on several sources, including:
- research from the past year
- interviews with CSPs and vendors worldwide
This forecast report provides:
- a detailed, 6-year worldwide forecast for spending in the monetisation platforms market, split into:
- four main application sub-segments: billing and charging, partner and interconnect, policy management and mediation
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services (PS)
- four telecoms services: mobile, IoT, consumer fixed and business fixed
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia-Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia-Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and how they will affect spending during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the monetisation platforms market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
- Billing and charging
- Partner and interconnect
- Policy management
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What are the key trends and factors that will affect the monetisation platforms (MP) market during 2020-2025?
- What are the rates of growth in each of the sub-segments?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- What should vendors do to exploit new business opportunities?
- How will professional services for monetisation platforms perform during the forecast period?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will influence CSP spending on monetisation platforms?
Who Should Read this Report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand how spending is shifting as CSPs seek to reduce spending on legacy systems and invest in adopting modern architecture frameworks.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for growth.
- CSPs that are planning to revamp their monetisation platforms and advance their digital transformation journeys, and want to ensure that they remain up-to-date.
- Professional services vendors that want to understand the growth opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Executive summary and recommendations
- Monetisation platforms: overall revenue forecast and forecast breakdowns
- Sub-segment revenue forecasts
- Overall telecoms market context
- Market definition
- About the author