The Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) Adoption in Australia 2020 report is focused on delivering actionable insights to financial services sectors across the globe. This report, in particular, covers the key findings from two ongoing syndicated studies the publisher runs in the Australian market. Namely, The Australian Savings & Deposits Transactions report (ASDC-T) which is an online survey conducted online three times a year of transaction account holders and The Australian Digital Banking Program (ADBP) which is a quarterly online survey conducted of nationally representative banked Australians. The report includes insights on a diverse range of financial services related to BNPL services such as awareness, satisfaction, and advocacy, primary reasons for BNPL promotion, and detraction. The report also answers thought-leading questions about the BNPL space, some of which include:
- Have awareness and usage of Buy Now Pay Later services increased?
- What drives Buy Now Pay Later use?
- Are consumers satisfied with/would they recommend Buy Now Pay Later Services?
This is a must-read, essential and unique report for all financial service professionals working in the Australian retail, consumer banking, consumer payments and merchant payments sectors.
- BNPL trends, usage, drivers and barriers
- Satisfaction and advocacy
- Brand deep dives of key BNPL providers
- Key pain points of key BNPL providers
- BNPL awareness and usage - Trends
- BNPL awareness and usage – Drivers
- BNPL barriers to market entry
- Consumer satisfaction and advocacy indicators
- Effects of retailer recommendation and incentives
- Effects of interest charged, established vs non-established brands and family & friend recommendation
- Overview of brand awareness
- Pain Points by brand (includes; purchase values, length of repayment periods, ease of setting up accounts and usability of mobile app/website)
- Key insights
- Opportunities for the Australian retail, consumer banking, consumer payments and merchant payments sectors
- The research in this report is taken from two surveys
- The Australian Savings & Deposits - Transactions Report is conducted online three times a year
- The Australian Digital Banking Program is conducted online quarterly
- In total 2,000 consumers are interviewed for each survey and respondents are representative of banked Australians by age, gender and state/territory.
All survey responses are aggregated and anonymized.
- Have Awareness and Usage of Buy Now Pay Later Services Increased?
- What Drives Buy Now Pay Later Use?
- Are Consumers Satisfied With/Would They Recommend Buy Now Pay Later Services?