Like everywhere else India’s auto sector has been deeply impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the automotive sector is one of the hardest hit. India’s sector had already fared poorly in 2019 as issues with the economy took hold bringing a 10.3% fall in light vehicle sales in 2019. In 2020, the decline is forecast to be near on 25%. Up until Q1 2019, India’s market was finally beginning to realize its long-heralded potential. The light vehicle market had grown at a CAGR of 8.5% between 2008 and 2018. Compared with the global market’s anemic 3.8% this was a very strong result.
The algorithms in the publisher’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The publisher's 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The publisher's thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
This report is part of the ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the publisher's “thematic engine”.
- The publisher has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the publisher’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the publisher tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores.
Reasons to Buy
- The publisher's thematic investment research product, supported by their thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The publisher's unique differentiator, compared to all their rival thematic research houses, is that the publisher's thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Industry analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Sector scorecards
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About the Publisher