Patient consumerism refers to patients as “customers” of health care where individuals proactively use trustworthy, relevant information and appropriate technology to make better-informed medical decisions about their health care options. Healthcare is evolving from a “doctor knows best” mentality to a patient-doctor relationship where the patient takes an active role in making informed healthcare decisions.
This theme highlights the empowering nature of patient consumerism, which brings the focus to consumer rights. With the rise of mobile health applications (mHealth apps), the publisherarable technologies, and telemedicine, patients are well-situated to make the best choice for their own health.
Players in the patient consumerism market range from small, private companies that make small annual revenues, to large companies that dominate multiple industries and generate large revenues through Internet platforms, mHealth apps, the publisherarable technologies, and medical devices for elective surgeries.
This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise of patient consumerism, specifically within the medical devices sector.
Components of the report include -
- Key Players - identify key players in patient consumerism and their position in the value chain.
- Trends - identify the key trends shaping the patient consumerism industry over the next two to three years. These are classified into technology, macroeconomic, and regulatory trends.
- Industry Analysis - identify the impact of patient consumerism across major medical device markets.
- Value Chain - identify the various business segments and markets fueling the rise of patient consumerism.
- COVID-19 Impact - identity the impact of COVID-19 on patient consumerism.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of patient consumerism by understanding the primary ways in which this theme is impacting the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry’s major players and where they sit in the value chain.
- Identify emerging industry trends in patient consumerism to gain a competitive advantage.
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on patient consumerism and identify which types of companies could potentially benefit from this impact.
Table of Contents
- Industry Analysis
- Value Chain
- Impact of COVID-19 on Patient Consumerism
- Appendix: Thematic research methodology
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Apollo Endosurgery
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Teladoc Health
- Butterfly Network