- Presents the scientific facts of psychopathy and antisocial behavior.
- Addresses key questions, such as: What is psychopathy? Are there psychopaths amongst us? What is wrong with psychopaths? Is psychopathy due to nature or nurture? And can we treat psychopaths?
- Reveals the authors' ground-breaking research into whether an underlying abnormality in brain development leaves psychopaths with an inability to feel emotion or fear.
- The resulting theory could lead to early diagnosis and revolutionize the way society, the media and the state both views and contends with the psychopaths in our midst.
1. What is Psychopathy?.
2. The Background Facts.
3. What is the Ultimate Cause of Psychopathy?.
4. The Psychopathic Individual: The Functional Impairment.
5. Cognitive Accounts of Psychopathy.
6. Neural Accounts of Psychopathy.
7. A Neuro-Cognitive Account of Reactive Aggression.
8. A Neuro-Cognitive Account of Psychopathy.
9. Conundrums and Conclusions.