COVID-19 Impact on Coty, H2 2020 Update key findings as of September 17th, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
The companies in the beauty and fashion industry will experience a decline in overall sales due to the spread of coronavirus pandemic. Chanel, concentrating in single industry operations of cosmetics and toiletries, will be among the major companies to record a negative growth rate in 2020. Sectors such as fragrances and make-up do not feature in consumers' priority purchase list during this pandemic and so will be adversely impacted by the COVID-19 in 2020. Concurrently, sectors such as personal hygiene, male toiletries and skincare are expected to provide some resilience; however, these account for a very small share of the company's overall revenue.
- Coty's presence in COVID-19 virus-hit regions will adversely impact its sales
- Coty’s presence in single industry will expose its sales growth to adverse effects of COVID-19
- As a result of COVID-19 spread in Coty operational markets, sales in fragrances, haircare, and mak-eup categories look vulnerable
- Slowdown in sales of fragrances category in major operating regions West Europe and North America will hurt Coty’s overall sales growth in 2020
- Coty started manufacturing hand sanitizers and launched direct-to-consumer website
- Coty’s business operations in Americas and Europe are more prone to effects of COVID-19 compared to its peers
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities faced by a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 impact analysis on Coty - key findings as of 17th September, 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs Coty brand sales
- The impact of COVID-19 on Coty’s regional sectors
- Coty's 2020 exposure: brand sales at risk by region and sector
- Coty’s 2020 cosmetics and toiletries exposure - $3.1 billion at risk
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Estee Lauder