This book uses evidence from science to cast some much-needed light onto some of today’s most hotly contested issues regarding men and masculinity. A spectrum of topics – including education, crime, mental health and the workplace – are explored, and questions answered. For example:
- How much can we trust the prevailing narratives around men and masculinity?
- What role do evolution, biology and culture play in shaping men’s behaviour?
- Do we tend to blame men for their health problems more than we should?
- What can be done to reduce male criminality?
- How can the standard approach to men’s mental health be improved?
- What does gender equality mean for men?