Portable ultrasound scanners are wireless medical devices that use high-frequency sound waves to generate an image of the internal body parts of the person. Ultrasound is used in most of the abdominal, gynecologic, obstetric, vascular, soft tissue, and other procedural applications. These devices also help the surgeon in guiding the movement of surgical instruments during the surgery. Handheld ultrasound devices are smaller than cart-based ultrasound devices and can be moved conveniently from one place to another during complex medical procedures. These enable imaging in point-of-care settings for patients suffering from traumatic injury or abdominal pain caused by gall bladder blockage or gall stone. Ultrasound devices provide immediate imaging as these can be taken to the patients instead of taking the patients to the ultrasound room, reducing the total time taken for imaging.
The Global Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market is estimated to be USD 482 Mn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 694 Mn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.3%.
The growth of the market is attributed to various benefits of scanners such as low cost, wireless system, portability, automated system, privacy, high-quality transducer, reduction of diagnosis time, and effective usage in point-of-care and remote diagnosis are anticipated to fuel the market growth. Moreover, the increase in investments in healthcare infrastructure by the government & private sector.
Stringent government rules & regulations, and lack of skilled personnel are the major barriers to the growth of the market.
- Rise in Targeted Diseases Treatments
- Increase in Trauma and Accident Cases
- Preference for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Increasing Geriatric Population
- Lack of Skilled Personnel for Operating the Latest Devices
- Significant Levels of Government Rules and Regulations
- Emerging Economies
- Increase In Investments In Healthcare Infrastructure By The Government & Private Sector
Based on technology, the market can be bifurcated into 2D handheld ultrasound scanners and 3D handheld ultrasound scanners, Doppler ultrasound, and high-intensity focused ultrasound. 2D handheld ultrasound scanners amount to the larger share among the technology segment.
Based on application, the market is segmented into Radiology/General Imaging, Cardiology, Urology, Vascular, FAST, and others. Radiology and general imaging, amount to the larger share among the application segment owing to its widespread use in hospitals and maternity homes.
Based on end-user, the market can be divided into hospitals, diagnostic centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospital segment by end-user category is anticipated to be the largest segment with respect to market value during the assessment period. This segment witnessed a gradual increase in revenue over a few years.
North America is anticipated to have a large market share and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Countries in Europe and Asia are also expected to grow at a higher rate due to investments in new techniques, high healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness in the healthcare sector.
The Global Handheld Ultrasound Scanners System Market is segmented based on technology, application and end-user.
Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Technology
- 2D Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Doppler Ultrasound
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound
Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Application
- Radiology and general imaging
- Cardiology Applications
- Urology Applications
- Vascular Applications
- FAST Application
- Other Applications
Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By End User
- Maternity Centres
- Ambulatory Care Centres
- Research and Academic Institutes
- Other Applications
Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are General Electric Company, Samsung Group, Siemens Healthcare, Signostics Inc., SonoSite, Inc., Mindray Medical International Limited, Shenzhen Well.D Medical Electronics Co. Ltd., Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd, Toshiba Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Ambisea Technology, ANA-MED, Butterfly Network, Clarius Mobile Health, Dott Medical, Healcerion, etc.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
- Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
- Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
- Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
- Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Positioning Quadrants, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
5. Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6. Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Technology
6.1 2D Ultrasound
6.2 3D and 4D Ultrasound
6.3 Doppler Ultrasound
6.4 High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound
7. Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Application
7.1 Radiology and general imaging
7.2 Cardiology Applications
7.3 Urology Applications
7.4 Vascular Applications
7.5 FAST Application
7.6 Other Applications
8. Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By End User
8.1 Hospitals and Diagnostic & Surgical Centers
8.2 Maternity Centers
8.3 Ambulatory Care Centers
8.4 Research and Academic Institutes
8.5 Other Applications
9. Handheld Ultrasound Scanners Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.5 Rest of Europe
9.5.5 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle East and Africa
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Infogence Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11. Company Profiles
11.1 GE Healthcare
11.2 Samsung Group
11.3 Siemens Healthineers
11.4 Signostics Inc.
11.5 Mindray Medical International Limited
11.6 Shenzhen Well.D Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
11.7 Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd
11.8 Toshiba Corporation
11.9 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
11.10 Ambisea Technology
11.11 Butterfly Network
11.12 Clarius Mobile Health
11.13 Dott Medical
11.15 Fujifilm SonoSite, Inc.,
11.16 Meditech Equipment Co., Ltd.
11.17 Teratech Corporation
11.18 Sonoscanner SARL
11.19 Shenzhen Sunway Medical Device Co., Ltd.
11.20 Shenzhen Landwind Industry Co., Ltd.
11.21 DGH Technology, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Samsung Group
- Siemens Healthineers
- Signostics Inc.
- Mindray Medical International Limited
- Shenzhen Well.D Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd
- Toshiba Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Ambisea Technology
- Butterfly Network
- Clarius Mobile Health
- Dott Medical
- Fujifilm SonoSite, Inc.,
- Meditech Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Teratech Corporation
- Sonoscanner SARL
- Shenzhen Sunway Medical Device Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Landwind Industry Co., Ltd.
- DGH Technology, Inc.