Pigmented lesions are skin lesions that are brown, black, or blue in color. It is referred to as melanocytic proliferations which under a microscope can appear to be abnormal and may resonate as a symptom of skin cancer. It is yet very challenging to diagnose pigmented lesions present in perioral tissues and the oral cavity. Melanocytic lesions are the most common form of skin pigmentation and it can be further classified into benign and malignant forms. Pigmented lesions may be caused due to varied reasons with manifestations of systemic illnesses like Addison’s disease, physiologic changes, and malignant neoplasms like Kaposi’s sarcoma, melanoma holding high prominence. The occurrence of these lesions is more common among the geriatric population, with these lesions mostly appearing on the face, however, the pigmented marks may have their way on the other body parts too. Radiography, Blood Test, Diascopy are commonly used techniques for the diagnosis of the pigmented lesions in patients. Diagnosis of these lesions is yet perplexing as definitive diagnosis usually requires histopathologic evaluation. Hence a thorough understanding of the cause of pigmentation and precise evaluation is very essential.
The Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market is estimated to be USD 312.24 Mn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 480.04 Mn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.1 %.
The growth of the market is attributed to the factors such as the rising prevalence of pigmentation diseases, rising geriatric population, rising prevalence of smoking and drinking, increased adoption of synthetic cosmetic products, and introduction of innovative medications and treatment. Other factors, such as the increasing adoption of synthetic cosmetic products, are also driving the pigmented lesion treatment market.
The market growth rate is impeded by factors related to the side effects of laser treatment, such as itching, redness, and swelling of the skin, with higher cases of hyperpigmentation, scarring, blistering, and, in rare cases, other infections.
- Rising Geriatric Population
- Increasing Prevalence of Pigmentation Disorders
- Side Effects Associated with Certain Treatments
- Availability of cost-effective pigmented lesion treatment in developing countries
- Advancement in technology products related to pigmented lesion treatment
Lasers and Energy Based Devices hold the maximum share in the global pigmented lesion treatment market by device type. Technological advancements in therapeutic techniques such as the introduction of laser and energy-based treatments along with superior equipment handling techniques have transformed the way of providing treatments for pigmented lesions. Moreover, other factors such as the rising demand for treatment procedures with faster recovery, fewer post-treatment infections, less pain, reduced scarring, better control of bleeding, and increased accuracy are anticipated to further boost the demand for various laser devices.
Based on technique type, the market is categorized into Radiography, Blood test, Diascopy. Radiography is accounted for the maximum share amongst these techniques. It has been noted that the traditional and prevalent use of radiography accounts for a large number of usages of radiography.
North America is anticipated to have a large market share and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Countries in Europe and Asia are also expected to grow at a higher rate due to investments in new techniques, high healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness in the healthcare sector.
The Global Pigmented Lesion Treatment System Market is segmented based on Device Type, Technique, End User and Geography.
Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Device Type
- RF Devices
- Energy Based Devices
- Ultrasound Devices
- IPL Devices
Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Technique
- Blood Test
Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By End User
- Dermatology Clinics
- Dermatology Research Centre
Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are Candela Corporation, Cynosure, Inc, Strata Skin Sciences, Inc. Lutronic Corporation, Solta Medical Inc., Sciton, Inc., Alma Lasers Ltd, DermTech, Fotona, Lumenis, Lynton Lasers Ltd, Cutera Inc., Sciton, Inc., Syneron Medical Ltd.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
- Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
- Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
- Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
- Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Positioning Quadrants, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
5. Market Analysis
5.1 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6. Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Device Type
6.1 RF Devices
6.2 Energy-Based Devices
6.3 Ultrasound Devices
6.4 IPL Devices
7. Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Technique Type
7.2 Blood Test
8. Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By End User
8.1 Dermatology Clinics
8.2 Dermatology Research Center
9. Pigmented Lesion Treatment Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.5 Rest of Europe
9.5.5 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle East and Africa
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 IGR Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Candela Corporation
11.2 Cynosure, Inc
11.3 Strata Skin Sciences, Inc.
11.4 Lutronic Corporation
11.5 Solta Medical Inc.
11.6 Sciton, Inc.
11.7 Alma Lasers Ltd.
11.11 Lynton Lasers Ltd
11.12 Cutera Inc.
11.13 Sciton, Inc.
11.14 Syneron Medical Ltd.
11.15 Hologic, Inc.
- Candela Corporation
- Cynosure, Inc
- Strata Skin Sciences, Inc.
- Lutronic Corporation
- Solta Medical Inc.
- Sciton, Inc.
- Alma Lasers Ltd.
- Lynton Lasers Ltd
- Cutera Inc.
- Sciton, Inc.
- Syneron Medical Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.