The vascular access devices are inserted into veins through central vessels or peripheral vessels. These devices are used for diagnostic or therapeutic reasons such as central venous pressure readings, fluids, total parental nutrition, blood sampling, administration of medication, and blood transfusion. Along with the increasing rate of diagnosis, treatments, and therapies, the requirement for vascular access devices has also been on a rise. Due to developments in new techniques the vascular devices have become non-invasive and are thus being preferred by various radiologists for the analysis image of the vascular anatomy. Higher improvisation in the techniques and designs shall aid in the growth of the vascular access devices market in the estimated period.
The advancement in technology has made vascular devices available in the form of infusion delivery devices and systems. Factors such as a mounting rise in the number of lifestyle diseases and the high number of chemotherapy procedures are likely to catalyze the market growth for these devices.
The Global Vascular Access Catheters Market is estimated to be USD 4.61 Bn in 2020 and is expected to increase over the forecast period at a growth rate of 4.9% to reach USD 5.4 Bn in 2025.
Market growth is attributed to the growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases, the rising number of chemotherapy procedures. These devices have been undergoing developments in terms of the technologies adopted making them non-invasive and thus being a suitable choice for the radiologists in the case of image analysis of vascular anatomy. Factors such as their improved design are also contributing to the market growth. There has also been a rising demand for new vascular access accessories owing to concerns about catheter-related infections and complications.
The product-related recalls and failures, risks associated with catheter use, high costs involved in the placement and maintenance of vascular access devices, and strict regulations are some factors that hamper the market growth.
- Growing prevalence of lifestyle diseases
- Increasing number of chemotherapy procedures
- Increasing the use of vascular access devices in paediatric patients
- Rising medical tourism
- High costs involved in the placement and maintenance of vascular access devices
- Product recalls and failures
- Risks associated with catheter use
- Growth of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing in Emerging Economies
- Technological advancements in vascular access device and its designing
The central vascular access devices segment is expected to account for the largest share of the vascular access devices market in 2020. Central vascular access devices are used in chemotherapy and for the treatment of cardiovascular disorders and chronic kidney disorders, further propelling its growth in the market. The type segment includes central vascular access devices, peripheral vascular access devices, and accessories.
The drug administration segment has the largest share of the market in 2020 among the other application areas like fluids and nutrition administration, blood transfusion, and diagnostics and testing. The reasons underlying the growth of this segment is due to the high usage of vascular access devices for drug administration in the various treatments, cancer, and other diseases.
North America is anticipated to have a large market share and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Countries in Europe and Asia are also expected to grow at a higher rate due to investments in new techniques, high healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness in the healthcare sector.
The Global Vascular Access Catheters Market is segmented based on device type, application, and end-users.
Vascular Access Catheters Market, By Device Type
- Central Vascular Access Devices
- Peripheral Vascular Access Devices
Vascular Access Catheters Market, By Application
- Administration of Drugs
- Administration of Fluid and Nutrition
- Blood transfusion
- Diagnostics & testing
Vascular Access Catheters Market, By End Users
- Diagnostic Centres
- Other End Users
Vascular Access Catheters Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are Becton Dickinson and Company, Smiths Medical, Inc, C.R.Bard, Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, B.Braun Melsungen Ag, Angiodynamics, Terumo Corporation, Nipro Medical Corporation, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Ameco Medical, Romsons Scientific & Surgical Pvt. Ltd, Prodi med, Baxter International Inc.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
- Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
- Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
- Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
- Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Vascular Access Catheters Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Positioning Quadrants, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
4.2 Market Dynamics
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Peripheral Vascular Access Devices
7.2 Administration of Fluid and Nutrition
7.3 Blood transfusion
7.4 Diagnostics & testing
8.2 Diagnostic Centers
8.3 Other End Users
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.5 Rest of Europe
9.5.5 Rest of APAC
9.6 Middle East and Africa
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11.2 Smiths Medical, Inc.
11.3 C.R.Bard, Inc.
11.4 Teleflex Incorporated
11.5 B.Braun Melsungen Ag
11.7 Terumo Corporation
11.8 Nipro Medical Corporation
11.9 Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
11.10 Ameco Medical
11.11 Romsons Scientific & Surgical Pvt. Ltd
11.13 Baxter International Inc.
11.14 Fresenius Medical Care
11.15 Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
11.17 Cook Medical
11.18 Boston Scientific Corporation
11.19 Vygon Ltd
11.20 Kimal Healthcare
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Smiths Medical, Inc.
- C.R.Bard, Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- B.Braun Melsungen Ag
- Terumo Corporation
- Nipro Medical Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Ameco Medical
- Romsons Scientific & Surgical Pvt. Ltd
- Baxter International Inc.
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Vygon Ltd
- Kimal Healthcare