The devices used in the healthcare settings for the reprocessing procedures of the endoscopes are called endoscope reprocessing devices. The endoscope reprocessing devices are for deep cleaning of the instruments and devices such as Duodenoscopes, endoscope accessories, and others. There is a growing awareness of advanced endoscope reprocessing in the healthcare sector around the world, with their proven effectiveness for the study of endoscopes. Clinical technicians frequently get hands-on with the effectiveness of automated processing in cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization of endoscopes, and reiterate the role of device automation in optimal infection control. The devices are designed to subdue microorganisms in or on reusable endoscopes by exposing their outside surfaces and interior channels to chemical solutions. The drive for an automated endoscope reprocessing device stems from the critical need for high-level disinfection for endoscopes of all types.
The Global Endoscope Reprocessing Market is estimated to be USD 1.95 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2.7 Bn in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.8%
Automated endoscope reprocessors reduce the exposure of harmful chemical germicides as they reduce health issues related to endoscopes.
The control and the emergence of automated endoscope reprocessors, Government support, and increasing preference for endoscope reprocessors in hospitals in the healthcare settings are expected to catalyze the growth of the global endoscope reprocessing device market over the forecast period.
Possibilities of infection risks after the endoscopic reprocessing procedure, higher cost associated with the chemicals and consumables, and complications associated with automated endoscope reprocessors are some of the factors that can hamper the growth of the global endoscope reprocessing market.
- High Chances of Infections Associated with Improper Sterilization of Endoscopes
- Increasing Investments, Funds, and Grants by Government Bodies Around the Globe
- Growing Number of Hospitals and their Investments in Endoscopy Instruments
- Increase in Number of Patients of Diseases that Require Endoscopy Procedures
- High Cost of Endoscopy Procedures & Reprocessing Equipment and Restraint on Reimbursements in Developing Countries
- Concerns Regarding the Safety of Reprocessed Instruments
- Increase in Usage and Requirement of Endoscope Reprocessing Devices in Emerging Economies
- Increasing Number of Free-Trade Agreements
On the basis of products, the market is segmented into high-level disinfectants and test strips; detergents and wipes; Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs), endoscope drying, storage, and transport systems, Endoscope tracking systems, ultrasonic washers, pasteurizers, washer-disinfect. The high-level disinfectants and test strips segment held the largest share of the global market for endoscope reprocessing in 2020. On the other hand, the automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs) segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the high investments, funds, and grants by government bodies around the globe, rising geriatric population, an increase in the number of patients with diseases requiring endoscopic procedures leading to a rise in the number of hospitals and their investments in endoscopic instruments and development of novel automated endoscope reprocessors.
End-user of the endoscope reprocessing market are segmented as hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and other end users (diagnostic centers, mobile endoscopy facilities, and office endoscopy centers). The hospital segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the global market. Some factors that contribute to a large share of this segment are, the rise in the number of endoscopic procedures performed, increasing out-of-pocket healthcare expenditure across the globe, increasing Government and private funding, and overall growth of the healthcare sector in emerging economies.
North America is anticipated to have a large market share and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Countries in Europe and Asia are also expected to grow at a higher rate due to investments in new techniques, high healthcare expenditure, and growing awareness in the healthcare sector.
The Endoscope Reprocessing Device Market is segmented based on Product, and End User.
Endoscope Reprocessing Device Market, By Product
- High-level Disinfectants and Test Strips
- Detergents and Wipes
- Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs)
- Endoscope Drying, Storage, and Transport Systems
- Endoscope Tracking Systems
- Ultrasonic washers
Endoscope Reprocessing Device Market, By End User
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Other End Users (diagnostic centres, mobile endoscopy facilities, and office endoscopy centres)
Endoscope Reprocessing Device Market, By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Some of the companies covered in this report are in the global market for Endoscope Reprocessing Device, include Advanced Sterilization Products, Cantel Medical, Laboratories Anios, Olympus, Wassenburg Medical, Custom Ultrasonics, STERIS, Steelco, Getinge, ENDO-TECHNIK, BES Decon, ARC Healthcare Solutions, and Metrex Research etc.
IGR Competitive Quadrant
The report includes IGR Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share etc.
- Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
- Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
- Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market
- Tortoise: Companies which are slow in growth, having a long legacy and stable or negative in performance
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Endoscope Reprocessing Device Market. The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter’s 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using IGR Positioning Quadrants, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
4.2 Market Dynamics
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6.2 Detergents and Wipes
6.3 Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs)
6.4 Endoscope Drying, Storage, and Transport Systems
6.5 Endoscope Tracking Systems
6.6 Ultrasonic washers
7.2 Specialty Clinics
7.3 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
7.4 Other End Users (diagnostic centers, mobile endoscopy facilities, and office endoscopy centers)
8.2 North America
8.3 South America
8.4.5 Rest of Europe
8.5.5 Rest of APAC
8.6 Middle East and Africa
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Competitive Scenario
9.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
9.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
9.3.4 Investments & Fundings
10.2 Cantel Medical
10.3 Laboratories Anios
10.5 Wassenburg Medical
10.6 Custom Ultrasonics
10.11 BES Decon
10.12 ARC Healthcare Solutions Metrex Research
10.13 Hoya Corporation
10.14 Metull Zug AG
- Advanced Sterilization Products
- Cantel Medical
- Laboratories Anios
- Wassenburg Medical
- Custom Ultrasonics
- BES Decon
- ARC Healthcare Solutions Metrex Research
- Hoya Corporation
- Metull Zug AG