1h Free Analyst TimeSummary
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Craft beer continued to develop through 2018-19. The segment has been historically majority lager, though 2019 saw significant increases to craft ales, with growth of 106.9%, driven by American craft ales. High strength predominated, with avid beer drinkers more likely to choose an ale of >5.5% alcohol content, due to the richer flavor. The Trindade umbrella brand saw the most substantial growth, at a rate of 978%, after the traditional Fábrica da Trindade resumed beer brewing in November 2018. Fábrica da Trindade is credited with being the first ever beer producer in Lisbon, a claim driving localism sentiment, further aiding volume growth.
Portugal Beer and Cider Market Insights 2020 report provides a complete overview of the Portugal Beer and Cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2019 performance and 2020 outlook.
Covering total market (On and Off-Premise) the report details -
- 2014-2019 actual detailed Beer Consumption Volume data by Segment, Brand, Brewer, Packaging and Distribution (On and Off-Premise), with 2020 forecasts.
- Value by distribution channel 2013-2019, with 2020 forecasts.
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the Beer and Cider market, with analysis of key company performance.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the Beer and Cider market.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Portugal Beer and Cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning.
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Portugal Beer and Cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives.
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability.
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage.
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction - Understanding Market Context
- Executive Summary
- Alcoholic Beverages Industry Snapshot
- Impact of COVID-19 on Beer and Cider
- Enablers and Inhibitors of Growth
2. Category and Segment Insight - Identifying Growth Opportunities
- Beer and Cider Volume and Value Growth Projections
- Category Performance
- Beer and Cider Types - Winners and Losers
- Brand Vs. Private Label Dynamics
- Price Segment Dynamics
- Flavor Dynamics
- Craft Dynamics
- Alcoholic Strength Dynamics
- Beer Emerging Trends and Opportunities
- Cider Emerging Trends and Opportunities
- Key Drivers of Change Across Beer and Cider
3. Company and Brand Insight - The Competitive Landscape Defined
- Leading Company Volume and Value
- Leading Beer and Cider Companies
- Brand and Private Label Trends - Beer
- Brand and Private Label Trends - Cider
- Best in Category Brand Performance
4. Distribution Insight - Attractive Routes to Market
- Sub-Channel Evolution in Beer and Cider
- Price Point Analysis
5. Consumer Insight - Who, What, When, Where and Why
- Key Drivers Impacting Beer and Cider Consumption
- Trend Analysis
- Strategic Issues Map
7. Appendix and Definitions
6. Recommendations - White Spaces and Innovation Opportunities Across the Consumer Value Chain
- Highest Growth Segments
- Actionable Insights
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Super Bock Group
- Sociedade Central de Cervejas e Bebidas SA
- Sumol + Compal
- Melo Abreu
- Font Salem
- Active Brands