This report provides software, hardware and professional services forecasts for communications service provider (CSP) spending on network cloud infrastructure for 2020–2025. The market will grow from USD2.1 billion in 2019 to USD17.1 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 42%. 5G and cloud-native technologies will be the main drivers of this spending. vRAN will be the fastest growing cloud domain in terms of spending (CAGR 129%) and investments in this area will reach USD4.7 billion by 2025.
This forecast report provides:
- a detailed, 6-year worldwide forecast for spending in the network cloud infrastructure market, split into:
- five main sub-segments:
- network cloud hardware (compute, storage and networking)
- virtualisation layer
- DC SDN control
- virtual infrastructure management (VIM)
- containers-as-a-service (CaaS)
- four cloud domains: mobile core cloud, vRAN cloud, network edge cloud and enterprise v/uCPE
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and how they will affect spending during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the network cloud infrastructure market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
The report provides forecasts for communications service provider (CSP) spending on network cloud infrastructure and related services for 2020-2025. It provides details on spending by delivery model, service type, sub-segment and region and major drivers, including 5G. The report also provides recommendations for vendors and CSPs.
The report is based on several sources, including:
- research from the past year
- interviews with CSPs and vendors worldwide.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What are the key trends and factors that will affect the network cloud infrastructure market during 2020–2025?
- What are the growth rates in each of the sub-segments?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- What should vendors do to exploit new business opportunities?
- How will professional services for network cloud infrastructure perform during the forecast period?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will influence CSP spending on network cloud infrastructure?
Who Should Read this Report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand how spending is shifting from integrated network function virtualisation (NFV) stacks to common network cloud infrastructure and cloud-native components.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for growth.
- CSPs that are planning cloud-native transformation journeys and want to ensure that they remain up to date.
- Professional services vendors that want to understand the growth opportunities over the next 5 years.
- Executive summary and recommendations
- Network cloud infrastructure: overall revenue forecast and forecast breakdowns
- Sub-segment revenue forecasts
- Overall telecoms market context
- Market definition
- About the author