Ophthalmologists perceive supplements as most effective for macular degeneration. The 2020 Ophthalmologists' Study of Eye Health explores ophthalmologists’ treatment approaches for dry eye and digital eye strain, as well as their opinions and recommendations for eye health supplements and computer eyewear.
Effectiveness Rating of Eye Health Supplement by Condition
Gain insights into ophthalmologists’ opinions and treatment choices regarding:
- Importance of factors for the prevention of eye disease
- Dry eye treatment recommendations and confidence in their effectiveness
- Artificial tears - brand recommendations and patient compliance
- Rx dry eye medications - prescribing habits and patient compliance
- Eye strain/Blue-light exposure - symptoms encountered and recommendations
- Contact lens recommendations and opinion regarding computer eyewear
- Supplements for eye health - which patients are advised to take supplements
- Supplement brand recommendations and patient compliance
- Summary Volume - Written analysis in PowerPoint including Key Findings, Summary, and Market Segmentation.
- Top-line Trends Volume and Excel Tabs - Trended top-line tables detailing findings from all questions, with Excel tabulation tables attached.
- Respondent level data file to allow for purchaser’s own analysis
- Online surveys were conducted among a national sample of 201 ophthalmologists with an active practice (50% or more of time spent seeing patients). Interviewing was completed from February 28 to March 13, 2020.
- Notable trends are shown where applicable to the 2013 Study of Ophthalmologists Dry Eye Treatment.