This unique collection of reviews, with contributions from a range of internationally distinguished scientists, will be invaluable reading for advanced students and others interested in the central role geochemistry in the earth sciences.
Editors' Preface (Andrew Parker and Russell S. Harmon).
Introduction to Frontiers in Geochemistry: Contribution of Geochemistry to the Study of the Earth (Stuart Ross Taylor).
Part 1: Contribution of Geochemistry to the Study of the Earth.
1. Geochemistry and Secular Geochemical Evolution of the Earth's Mantle and Lower Crust (Balz S. Kamber).
2. Crustal Evolution – A Mineral Archive Perspective (C.J. Hawkesworth, A.I.S. Kemp, B. Dhuime and C.D. Storey).
3. Discovering the History of Atmospheric Oxygen (Heinrich D. Holland).
4. Geochemistry of the Oceanic Crust (Karsten M. Haase).
5. Silicate Rock Weathering and the Global Carbon Cycle (Sigurdur R. Gislason and Eric H. Oelkers).
6. Geochemistry of Secular Evolution of Groundwater (Tomas Paces).
7. Stable Isotope Geochemistry: Some Perspectives (Jochen Hoefs).
Part 2: Frontiers in Geochemistry.
8. Geochemistry of Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide (Yousif K. Kharaka and David R. Cole).
9. Microbial Geochemistry: At the Intersection of Disciplines (Philip Bennett and Christopher Omelon).
10. Nanogeochemistry: Nanostructures and Their Reactivity in Natural Systems (Yifeng Wang, Huizhen Gao and Huifang Xu).
11. Urban Geochemistry (Morten Jartun and Rolf Tore Ottesen).
12. Archaeological and Anthropological Applications of Isotopic and Elemental Geochemistry (Henry P. Schwarcz).