- Looks at the views of philosophers such as Aristotle, the Stoics, Mill, Nietzsche, and Sartre as well as contributions from other traditions, such as Buddhism
- Incorporates key arguments from contemporary philosophers including Peter Singer, Martha Nussbaum, Robert Nozick, John Finnis, and Susan Wolf
- Uses examples from biography, literature, history, movies and media, and the news
- Gives a fresh perspective on the hard questions of our daily lives
- An engaging read; an excellent book for both students and general readers
1. This Mortal World.
2. Strange Lives.
3. Reason and Luck.
4. Is Happiness All That Matters?.
6. Puzzles of Diversity.
7. Hard Choices.
8. Trying to be Good.
9. The Religious Realm.
10. Taking Aim.