- Focuses on seven key areas of child development in raising psychologically healthy children
- Paints an overall picture of the skills children need to become functioning adults through translating the latest scientific research into workable guidelines
- Explores how early cognitive and social development is linked to universal issues of tolerance, sexism, and racism
- Written in a language suitable for the student or general reader
- A useful resource for clinicians to share with families under their care
1. Raising Kids in the 21st Century.
2. Early Cognitive Growth.
3. Cognitive Growth Outside of the Home.
4. A Part of the Family: How Belonging Promotes Growth.
5. Social Growth and Peer Relationships.
6. Well-Armed: Transmitting Values to Children.
7. Fun Raising.
8. Tolerance and Social Activism.
Appendix A. General Resources.
Appendix B. Books for Children.
Appendix C. Books for Adults.