- Offers invaluable insights for overcoming obstacles to success, enhancing workplace efficiency and ensuring that dyslexic employees achieve their full potential
- Written in an accessible style that is perfect for professionals and dyslexic individuals alike
- Covers related syndromes such as dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder and visual stress
- Explores the legal obligations and other issues that are important to workplace managers, especially human resources professionals
- Provides authoritative guidance on recent case law relating to dyslexia
Part A Identifying Dyslexia (Sylvia Moody).
Chapter 1 Dyslexia in the Workplace.
Chapter 2 Understanding a Diagnostic Report.
Chapter 3 Judgement Day: Tom Goes for an Assessment.
Chapter 4 Workplace Needs Assessments.
Chapter 5 Dyspraxia and Attention Deficit Disorder.
Chapter 6 Visual Factors in Reading Difficulties.
Chapter 7 Emotions.
Part B Tackling Dyslexia (Diana Bartlett).
Chapter 8 Getting Started.
Chapter 9 Overall Work Strategies.
Chapter 10 General Work Organisation.
Chapter 11 Efficient Work Methods.
Chapter 12 General Writing Skills.
Chapter 13 Some Specific Work Documents.
Chapter 14 Reading and Remembering Work Documents.
Chapter 15 General Oral Skills and Interaction.
Chapter 16 Dealing with Negative Attitudes and Emotions.
Part C Managing Dyslexia (Katherine Kindersley).
Chapter 17 From College to Workplace.
Chapter 18 Working with Dyslexia.
Chapter 19 Reasonable Adjustments.
Part D Judging Dyslexia.
Chapter 20 Dyslexia: An Employment Lawyer Speaks (Katherine Kindersley).
Chapter 21 Dyslexia in the Dock (Sylvia Moody).
Appendix 1 Checklists for Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, AD(H)D and Visual Stress.
Appendix 2 Assistive Technology.
Appendix 3 Relaxation and Visualisation Exercises (Diana Bartlett).
Appendix 4 Useful Addresses.
Appendix 5 Further Reading.