- Modern diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiology and the measurement of disease severity
- The biochemistry and molecular biology of plant disease
- Control through cultural, biological, genetic and molecular techniques
- A wealth of examples and applications including full colour photographs
1. The Causal Agents of Plant Disease: Identity and Impact.
2. The Detection and Diagnosis of Plant Pathogens and the Diseases They Cause.
4. The Measurement of Inoculum and Disease Severity and Their Effect on Crop Yields.
5. Inoculum Control.
6. Locating, Penetrating and Colonising the Host.
7. Subverting the Metabolism of the Host.
8. Killing the Host?the Role of Toxins.
9. The Plant Fights Back?1. Constitutive Defence Mechanisms.
10. The Genetics of Compatibility and Incompatibility.
11. The Plant Fights Back?2. Active Defence Mechanisms.
12. Control of the Disease Process.