- Arthritis is one of the most common, long-term conditions affecting millions of people worldwide
- The book draws not only on the growing body of literature in psychosocial rheumatology, but also on Professor Barlow's own research
- A substantial section devoted to interventions with a psychological basis
2. Arthritis and its treatment.
3. Psychological factors in onset, diagnosis and course of disease.
4. Life with arthritis.
5. The psychological impact on person and family.
6. The social impact on person and family.
7. Healthcare and disease management.
8. Psychological interventions.
9. Case studies.