Fully revised edition of Development and Handicap first published in 1987.
Reviews research on how the psychological development of children is affected by disability.
Now updated to take account of recent studies.
1. Children with Disabilities.
2. How Do Blind Children Develop?.
3. How Do Deaf Children Develop?.
4. How Do Children with Motor Disabilities Develop?.
5. How Do Children with Down's Syndrome Develop?.
6. How Do Children with Autism Develop?.
7. Practical Implications.
8. Theoretical Implications.