- Includes contributions by academics and other experts from around the world to ensure a truly international perspective.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of classic and current research and likely future trends.
- Fully referenced chapters and bibliographies allow easy access to further study.
- Now available in full text online via xreferplus, the award-winning reference library on the web from xrefer. For more information, visit [external URL]
Part I: Perspectives and Methods. .
1. Evolutionary Analyses in Social Psychology: Eugene Burnstein and Christine Branigan.
2. The Cultural Grounding of Social Psychological Theory: Joan G. Miller.
3. A Lifespan Developmental Perspective: Kevin Durkin.
4. Cognitive Indices of Social Information Processing: John N. Bassili.
5. The Psychophysiological Perspective on the Social Mind: Piotr Winkielman, Gary G. Berntson, and John T. Cacioppo.
Part II: Cognition. .
6. Mental Representations: Eliot R. Smith and Sarah Queller.
7. The Social Unconscious: Mahzarin R. Banaji, Kristi M. Lemm, and Siri J. Carpenter.
8. Language and Social Cognition: G³n R. Semin.
9. Conversational Processes in Reasoning and Explanation: Denis J. Hilton and Ben R. Slugoski.
10. The Heuristics and Biases Approach to Judgement Under Uncertainty: Dale Griffin, Richard Gonzalez, and Carol Varey.
11. How the Mind Moves: Knowledge Accessibility and the Fine-tuning of the Cognitive System: Leonard L. Martin, Fritz Strack, and Diederik A. Stapel.
12. Standards, Expectancies, and Social Comparison: Monica Biernat and Laura S. Billings.
13. Individual Differences in Information Processing: Peter Suedfeld and Philip E. Tetlock.
Part III: Social Motivation. .
14. Self-Regulation: Charles S. Carver.
15. Goal Setting and Goal Striving: Gabriele Oettingen and Peter M. Gollwitzer.
16. On the Motives Underlying Social Cognition: David Dunning.
17. The Nature of Emotion: W. Gerrod Parrott.
18. The Consequences of Mood on the Processing of Social Information: Herbert Bless.
19. Attitudes, Persuasion, and Behavior: Gerd Bohner and Norbert Schwarz.
20. The Construction of Attitudes: Norbert Schwarz and Gerd Bohner.
21. Values and Ideologies: Meg J. Rohan and Mark P. Zanna.
22. Self-Esteem: Abraham Tesser.
23. Self-Concept and Identity: Daphna Oyserman.
24. Identity Through Time: Constructing Personal Pasts and Futures: Michael Ross and Roger Buehler.
Part IV: Applications.
25. Psychology and Law: G³nter K÷hnken, Maria Fiedler, and Charlotte M÷hlenbeck.
26. Consumer Behavior: Sharon Shavitt and Michaela Wõnke.
27. Dealing with Adversity: Self-Regulation, Coping, Adaptation, and Health: Lisa G. Aspinwall.
28. The Psychological Determinants of Political Judgement: Victor C. Ottati.